CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Slotchbar help   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 954 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> Slotchbar help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slotchbar help - 6/16/2005 7:10:27 PM   
drex223

Not really a hardware issue but I don't know where else to post it.

Today i got an email in my yahoo account from the address 'support@yahoo.com' with the subject 'Account Suspension.' It looked legit so i opened it. The body of the e-mail said something along the lines of 'Your account has recently been used to send a vast amount of spam emails. Please download the attached file and review its contents or your account will be suspened.'
I followed the instructions and the file installed a searchbar called 180Search Assisstant on my computer. I think I got rid of that but now there's this thing called Slotchbar which opens up a pop up window every time i boot up. I found a fix tutorial online that tells me to remove certain entries in the Add/Remove Programs list. I attempted to remove them but I am unable to. One of them, which is called ISTsvc will open up a window when I click remove but the window will remain only for a second and then disappear. The other entry I was told to remove is called SlotchBar. When I click remove, nothing happens. The fix tutorial also told me to install and run a program called HijackThis. I installed it but when I run it, it opens for a second and then disappears. I have run Spybot S&D and SpySubtract but neither has fixed this problem. Any help is appreciated.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> Slotchbar help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI