CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1463 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Site News >> NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/20/2005 7:55:37 AM   
kogos

NEC, the well known burner manufacturer, recently announced their newest model, the NEC ND-3530A. Although there are already many NEC models that can burn DVD+R and DVD-R media at 16x, which is considered the maximum speed that single layer media can achieve, the new ND-3530A has even more to offer. Re-Writing speed is increased to 8x for DVD+RW and 6x for DVD-RW media. The drive supports both -R DL and +R DL media at 4x and 6x burning speeds respectively.

- Features
As with any other NEC based burner, WOPC is introduced to further improve burning quality. You can see a simple WOPC schematic here. The drive can also use overspeed burning for a wide range of media to support higher burning speeds than any disc's given speeds.

Click here to read the full article...
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 5/20/2005 8:12:23 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to kogos)
  Post #: 2
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/20/2005 8:28:15 AM   
eleajar

nice review, and nice drive, although i am an LG fun

it will take ages for NEC to reach LG's quality

Please, excuse my english. I am Italian

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/20/2005 10:59:23 AM   
Iggy

I am happy with my 3520, howevr this seems to be also great, anyway nice review.

(in reply to eleajar)
Post #: 4
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/20/2005 5:22:35 PM   
Quikee

kogos nice review.

But there is a mistake.. WOPC is the technology that Philips/BenQ drives use.. Nec uses a similar technology but it's known as AOPC. WOPC != AOPC the same way as Burn Proof != Seamless Link.

Also I saw you extracted the supported media list using NecDump. You could've contacted me so I would modify the output to your needs.. for example dump directly to html with better write speed display and also to drop out garbage entries.

NecDump 1.2.3
My 3500 Modded Firmwares

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/20/2005 6:13:40 PM   
Scour1

Hello!

In Germany the 3530 isn´t avaible, but the 3540 is. What´s the difference?

(in reply to Quikee)
Post #: 6
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/20/2005 7:38:24 PM   
Quikee

Hard to say.. I think they are more or less the same.. the difference is only in the firmware IMO.
As far as I know you can't get a 3530 drive directly from Nec.. but only from a rebadger like IO-DATA.. and Dell also uses 3530 drive in their computers. The interesting thing is that a rebadger can choose the speeds for DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL.. IO-DATA for example is capable of 6x DVD+R DL and 4x DVD-R... but AFAIK 3530 in Dell computers is capable of 8x DVD+R DL and no DVD-R DL. Nec is making a really big confusion with this drive.

NecDump 1.2.3
My 3500 Modded Firmwares

(in reply to Scour1)
Post #: 7
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/21/2005 8:37:46 PM   
kogos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quikee

kogos nice review.

Thanks

quote:

But there is a mistake.. WOPC is the technology that Philips/BenQ drives use.. Nec uses a similar technology but it's known as AOPC. WOPC != AOPC the same way as Burn Proof != Seamless Link.

i am using WOPC as it uses exactly tha same methodology with AOPC (ActiveOPC) and is the most known technology of this kind. Of course, you are right that this is a technology introduced in Philips/BenQ drives, but "optimal writing" technologies works the same way. Also, i mentioned that it is the same technology liek all other NEC burners, and if you could go back to 3500A or even 2510A review, you will see that i was reffering to AOPC. So, we figured that using this is much easier for people to understand how it works. In any case, you are right, but we thought that there is really no difference (by the way, WOPC is not pattented yet by philips, if i'm not mistaken, but AOPC is patented by NEC). I am pasting the following from my draft of the 3530A review:

"High resolution writing strategies" are again incorporated into the ND-3530A, just as with ND-3520A model, which is in fact an improved version of Active Optimized Power Control (Active OPC). Active OPC constantly monitors the sensitivity of the media and adjusts the laser strength to achieve the best possible results. It does this by analyzing the reflection from the media's surface. Buffer underrun error prevention technology ensures that media will be recorded successfully, even if writing procedure is interrupted or paused. You will find here a simple diagram explaining the Active OPC technology.

quote:

Also I saw you extracted the supported media list using NecDump. You could've contacted me so I would modify the output to your needs.. for example dump directly to html with better write speed display and also to drop out garbage entries.

nice to know you can do that... unfortunately, there was no time to wait for a modified (or a newer version) of NecDump, since the review had to be released immediately, but i hope you can do this for our following NEC based burner reviews. I am now sending you a PM with my MSN contact

Glad you liked the review

< Message edited by kogos -- 5/21/2005 8:41:41 PM >

(in reply to Quikee)
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 8
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/21/2005 8:45:44 PM   
eleajar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scour1

Hello!

In Germany the 3530 isn´t avaible, but the 3540 is. What´s the difference?

i'd like to see some mod firmware to change the 3530 to 3540

Please, excuse my english. I am Italian

(in reply to Scour1)
Post #: 9
RE: NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com - 5/25/2005 6:26:47 PM   
emperor

we have tried to make a 3530A->3540A but didn't worked...

(in reply to eleajar)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Site News >> NEC ND-3530A review @ CDRinfo.com Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI