CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1123 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection - 4/15/2005 4:12:07 AM   
Rimbaud

I have a few Blue Note Europe/EMI cd's, and I'm wondering if any sort of copy protection is embedded in the data. One disc, Blue Note Trip Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, is marked as having "Copy Control" technology. When playing this CD on a computer, it automatically loads its own player and plays highly compressed versions of the tracks. I also have Blue Note Trip Sunset/Sunrise (the next in the series), and it does not have this- the CD's play normally on a computer (as do my other EMI CD's). Apparantly, EMI has a history of being stubborn about including copy protection on discs, but I don't know if discs not marked as copy protected still have something embedded. My primary concern is anything that will detract from audio quality, even in the slightest.

Is there any software I could use to scan discs for the type/quantity of errors that would be indicative of embedded copy protection? There are many more Blue Note Europe CD's I'm interested in (that haven't been released in the US), and I'd like to get a handle on what EMI is up to these days, if anything.
Post #: 1
RE: EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection - 4/15/2005 5:48:44 PM   
Matthew

http://www.fedge.net/emi/ According to this page (sorry about language), it's "copy control" from Macrovision

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1454979
So according to this site, it would seem to be Cactus Data Shield - CDS 100, 200 or 300, as macrovision acquired this from Midbar

Check reviews for good CDS200 results, as a point of principle, make an unprotected recording you can play in the manner and on the equipment you choose.

(in reply to Rimbaud)
Post #: 2
RE: EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection - 4/16/2005 4:31:57 PM   
Rimbaud

Thanks for the explanation of this copy control scheme.

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 3
RE: EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection - 4/17/2005 1:29:30 PM   
emperor

if you keep the CTRL key (or its the SHIFT) this will prevent from loading the player and you can access the files

(in reply to Rimbaud)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> EMI/Blue Note Europe copy protection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI