CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Booktype Work for Drive????   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1601 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Booktype Work for Drive???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/5/2005 10:38:55 AM   
Xsbalb1

I want to booktype to DVD ROM. So taht any DVD player can play my personal Picture DVD.

However When BOOKTYPE with NECWINFLASH (ND-6500A Drive, FM 2.23), Then my Burner become a DVD ROM under DELL C600 BIOS Detection. How can That Be.

Sorry, I am a fresher for DVD Burner, I understand that BOOKTYPE should be Book Type for the Disc Not to my Burner.

Am I right? But why?

Any help would be much appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/5/2005 3:51:26 PM   
emperor

Why you don't use 2.02C, it support DVD-ROM booktype for DVD+R format

(in reply to Xsbalb1)
Post #: 2
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/6/2005 9:47:52 AM   
Xsbalb1

Thank you. Emperor. I have just tried the 202C Latest Version FM. It works. The ND-6500A Detected as the DVD ROM during Dell BIOS detetecd(same as FM V2.23). And Then the windows do not tell the Drive Have Probelm. While 2.23, the windows the drive have problem and indicated with a yellow "!" in the Device Manager.

The problem now is Solved.

Thanks again. Emperor!

:)

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/8/2005 7:45:00 AM   
emperor

you welcome!

(in reply to Xsbalb1)
Post #: 4
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/28/2005 4:47:51 AM   
nickvog

Can someone tell me plz what is BOOKTYPE in simple words and what is its necessity ???

I have the NEC 3500A and using it as a DVD player having some problems with choppy movement while playing movies (I have 2.18 SE firmware). IS THAT RELEVANT WITH BOOKTYPE SETTINGS ??? Is there any way of fixing it ?? THANK U IN ADVANCE...

< Message edited by nickvog -- 3/28/2005 4:49:30 AM >

(in reply to Xsbalb1)
Post #: 5
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/28/2005 5:53:55 AM   
scorpiosoft

Try here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=120934

It's a very good FAQ about (NEC) firmware and flashing.

BENQ DW1625 as Pri. slave, BBHA firmware (TDB)
NEC ND-3540A as Sec. master, 1.W5 firmware
NEC ND-3520A as Sec. slave, 1.UG firmware
Download (almost) all NEC firmware on my site http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware

(in reply to nickvog)
Post #: 6
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/28/2005 3:18:35 PM   
emperor

nickvog your problem here is not, probably, the bitsetting but the writing quality of the media, I would suggest to try the latest 2.19 and use other media or try to lower the recording speed

(in reply to scorpiosoft)
Post #: 7
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/29/2005 2:35:40 PM   
Tony Veglis

quote:

Can someone tell me plz what is BOOKTYPE in simple words and what is its necessity ???

Booktype is a writing mode of a DVD+RW disc or a DVD+R disc. For example, DVD+RW disc can be recorded as +RW type or ROM type, while DVD+R disc can be written as +R or ROM type.

You can change the book type or setting to enhance the reading compatibility of the media. This enables your DVD-ROM or DVD player to read DVD discs with content recorded on them.

You are able to set the Booktype Setting to either the drive itself, in order to record all DVD+R/+RW media as a "DVD-ROM" or to already recorded DVD+RW discs.

Only DVD+RW discs can “change” book type after being burnt.
DVD+R discs can’t change book type after burning. You have to set the writing book type mode of your writer before you burn a DVD+R disc.

(in reply to nickvog)
Post #: 8
RE: Booktype Work for Drive???? - 3/30/2005 9:46:48 AM   
nickvog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tony Veglis

You can change the book type or setting to enhance the reading compatibility of the media. This enables your DVD-ROM or DVD player to read DVD discs with content recorded on them.

I tried to burn with NERO a TRAXDATA DVD+R DL disc but while it burns ok (NERO said success) I CANNOT OPEN and READ THE DISK WITH WINDOWS XP EXPLORER . What setting must I set to booktype setings in order to read it (or any other future disk as the one mentioned) in the end ???

THANX IN ADVANCE ALL !!!

< Message edited by nickvog -- 3/30/2005 9:49:35 AM >

(in reply to Tony Veglis)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Booktype Work for Drive???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI