CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on the NEC ND3520A?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1314 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on the NEC ND3520A? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on the NE... - 2/15/2005 12:42:30 PM   
dvdbunny

Hi guys,

I have got a NEC ND3520A and i burnt a 350MB file using the latest version of Nero, i am burning using Nero Express, onto a CD-R Disc but i chose not to finalize the disc and now i am trying to add to this multisession disc another 350MB file but when i press burn, 2 windows pop up, the first one says the following:

DVD_RW ND-3520A: Waiting for Disc

There is not enough space to burn this compilation disc.

Please insert another disc that provides more space...

and then it writes a few more things not worth mentioning, it's just some writing numbers

then the second windows says the following:

This compliation contains too much data to fit on the disc with respect to normal disc capacity. Do you want to try to overburn writing at your own risk? (This might cause read errors at the end of the disc or might even damage your recorder.)

Required capacity 82:00.54 721MB
Total cpacity on disc: 79:57.74 703MB

Note: SCSI/ATAPI errors may also occur at the end of the simulation or burning. Even then, the CD/DVD may still be readable but the written data needs to be verified.

That's the end of the window message

Now my question is, will it damage the NEC ND3520A as i thought from the preview or review that it said it could not overburn discs, am i safe to overburn or not, i don't want to damage my DVD writer as it is working flawlessly with everything i burn.

Please help me, thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on th... - 2/16/2005 1:40:00 AM   
Iggy

Overburning cannot affect the drive, just the disc. It is not too safe for the written data, otherwise there is no danger. NEC can overburn up to 90min and this not with an ordinary 80min disc but a 99min.

(in reply to dvdbunny)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on th... - 2/16/2005 10:11:06 AM   
dvdbunny

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, so can i just ask, is it safe to overburn a 80min CDR 700MB Disc with the NEC ND3520A DVD writer, i don't really mind if there are errors on the disc, but if it does not damage the writer then i'm happy, all that i want to overburn is about 20MB's ontop of 700MB infact to be precise i want my total disc size as 723MB.
Can i then do overburn?

thanks

honeyjigga

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on th... - 3/13/2005 6:29:44 AM   
Mender

Yes, it is safe to overburn. You will not damage the burner. You may have errors on the disk, or the burn may fail at the end, but as long as you are willing to accept that the disk may have errors or end up completely unusable, then go ahead

(in reply to dvdbunny)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Is it safe to enable overburning of CDR discs on the NEC ND3520A? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI