CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

USB-HDD Bootable   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1390 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> USB-HDD Bootable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USB-HDD Bootable - 8/20/2004 6:04:20 AM   
arith

Now more and more people consider to have a 2.5 inch's HDD with a slim USB 2.0 external/portable storage device instead of USB Flash Disk. The reason is due to the capacity compare to the price.

Now even some vendor has released 1GB USB Flash disk with the price lower than US$ 100, but a portable 2.5 inch's HDD which has 40GB capacity is just about US$ 80~90.

Well, those portable HDD is supported USB-HDD bootable, if you have a motherboard which supported it.

Can someone suggest some motherboard which support USB-HDD Bootable?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: USB-HDD Bootable - 8/20/2004 1:43:14 PM   
digitaldoc

I believe most of the new motherboards are USB bootable. They really need to be as folks are not putting floppies in many of their systems lately. I know that my Shuttle SN41G2 in the bios can be selected to boot from the floppy. A very useful feature with the number of usb flash and hard drives available currently.

TNL
LiteOn 1693S review
Plextor 740A review
BTC DVDRW 1008
LiteOn 852S

(in reply to arith)
Post #: 2
RE: USB-HDD Bootable - 8/21/2004 12:13:48 PM   
arith

Yep, I know there should be lots of new M/B supported USB-FDD and USB-Flash booting, but seems like USB-HDD bootable is too new that I can't find which M/B has already supported.

Hoping there will be more and more M/B will support it in the coming days. At least before I upgrading my M/B....

(in reply to digitaldoc)
Post #: 3
RE: USB-HDD Bootable - 8/22/2004 6:51:15 PM   
Cooler

Coincidence? I recently had to replace my dead MB and I found that replacement (old ECS K7S5A) has USB booting option in BIOS. Apparently even some older MB's have this capability.

Unfortunately I never got USB memory key working correctly as boot device. It's reckognized as boot device and booting even starts, but process dies shortly after starting. Maybe it's because of USB of MB is v1.1 instead of 2.0? Anyways, USB-HDD is also available.

Erm... can anyone explain what are boot devices BBS-1...BBS-4?

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to arith)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> USB-HDD Bootable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote