CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows 98 problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 696 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Windows 98 problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 98 problem - 1/16/2003 4:58:18 AM   
gordonbrisker

I have a Backpack CD Re-writer with Adaptec software. After the inststallation Windows made my original CD ROM drive audio. When I try to go from disc to disc with data it does not work as the original drive reads the data as an audio track. Is there a fix for this?
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 98 problem - 1/20/2003 10:51:37 AM   
rabbit

have you tried going into control panel, system, system devices, deleting the CDROM, rebooting and letting windows re-detect it?

you can also try going into the registry, searching for the name of the CDROM, and deleting all entries with that string (for "experts" only since regediting is not for newbies).

(in reply to gordonbrisker)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 98 problem - 2/12/2003 4:15:11 AM   
Michael Lee

You need to update DirectX in your Windows to version 8.1. Nero automatically updates DiectX for you during installation in Windows 98. You may have to the same for the Adaptec software. Adaptec has since spinned off their software unit, now it is called Roxio. You may think about updating it to version 5.34.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to gordonbrisker)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Windows 98 problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI