CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD [not SVCD] Slide Show   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1419 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> DVD [not SVCD] Slide Show Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD [not SVCD] Slide Show - 2/21/2002 11:04:29 AM   
simkiss

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I've made VCD slide shows with still images and music on CD-R/RWs with Roxio VideoPack 5. This works great and I can fit up to 80 songs on one CD with the 704x480 still diplaying during playback. I've arranged it to show the album cover in the artist menu, and I made a custom image for each song.

This is all great BUT, I use this not only in my home, but in my car as well which has a DVD/VCD/CD player connected to the stereo and uses the navigation screen as a TV.

I WOULD LIKE to be able to burn essentially the same thing onto a DVD (I have a DVD burner) not only because you can fit a lot more music, but because you can navigate the menus on the screen. With VCD/SVCD, you need direct access with the numerals on your remote controll to play a track. I don't have numbers on my remote so I have to scan through all the tracks to get to the track I want. It's not terrible, but it's a bit inconvenient.

Can this process be replicated on a DVD? Do DVDs support still image menus with background audio in multiple chapter hierarchies like SVCD? AND IF this can be done, can you navigate (essentially highlight) buttons on the screen and click on them like with a normal DVD?

Thank you for your help.

Mark

simkiss@ureach.com

[ simkiss@ureach.com ]
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> DVD [not SVCD] Slide Show Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI