CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Made video, won't play back easily   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1195 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Made video, won't play back easily Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Made video, won't play back easily - 1/24/2014 1:14:04 PM   
mike13

I have a 4 hour video that my son sent me concerning PTSD in the Military. I used Windows Movie Maker to edit the video to two short videos. One is 16 minutes long, and the other is about 24 minutes long. When I was done editing, I saved the videos as MP4 files, because I believe they are more universal than WMV files. I then used Nero 12 to burn them to a DVD. I first chose, DVD, and then DVD-ROM-UDF, I believe. The DVD does plays in my three computers at home, and the computer at work. It might not start up when you put the DVD in the unit, but if you look for the DVD player in Windows Explorer, or whever, and then chose the player, you will see the two videos. You can then click on either of them and they will play. Anway, I made three copies of the DVD and sent it to three important people in the Military. Two people got back to me and said they could not view the videos. These people are very intelligent, but they may not be computer smart etc. I then tried playing the DVD in my player at home that is connected to my TV. It did not play. I got the message that "UNKNOWN DISC. PLEASE CHECK DISC AGAIN" I know in the past some DVD players were sensitive to what media they would play, DVD+R, DVD-R etc. But my player that is connected to the TV is pretty new. My plan is to copy the two videos to a flash drive and then send the flash drive to these people. I was also going to get DVD-R media and burn the videos to that media, to see if that works. The first time I used DVD+R. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank youn, Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Made video, won't play back easily - 1/24/2014 1:27:20 PM   
Admin

Have you checked the Book Type Setting to 'DVD-ROM' before burning the disc? It is now necessary but it might help with the compatibility of the disc with your DVD player.

(in reply to mike13)
Post #: 2
RE: Made video, won't play back easily - 1/24/2014 1:34:46 PM   
Tony Veglis

What kind of .mp4 file have you created? It may not be compatible with DVD players. Have you condidered making a DivX movie?

(in reply to mike13)
Post #: 3
RE: Made video, won't play back easily - 1/24/2014 1:45:20 PM   
mike13

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by checking the BOOK TYPE Settings to DVD. When I start Nero 12, and select DVD versus CD, I have about 8 choices to select from. I usually choose the top listing which says DVD-ROM-UDF, I believe. Should I choose anothet option ? I am at work now, so I can not see what options I have when i open Nero. Thanks, Mike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admin

Have you checked the Book Type Setting to 'DVD-ROM' before burning the disc? It is now necessary but it might help with the compatibility of the disc with your DVD player.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 4
RE: Made video, won't play back easily - 1/24/2014 1:50:06 PM   
mike13

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The file is labeled Worst Pain.MP4 and then MPEG-4 Movie Not sure if that is what you are asking. I would have no idea how to make a Divx movie. Thanks, Mike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tony Veglis

What kind of .mp4 file have you created? It may not be compatible with DVD players. Have you condidered making a DivX movie?

(in reply to Tony Veglis)
Post #: 5
RE: Made video, won't play back easily - 1/24/2014 2:13:23 PM   
Admin

The Booktype setting is under the options when you choose the recorder in Nero. You could try setting it to DVD-ROM before burning the disc. This would "label" the DVD-R/+R disc you burn as a DVD-ROM, so your player could recognize it.

(in reply to mike13)
Post #: 6
RE: Made video, won't play back easily - 10/28/2014 4:19:19 AM   
CsTntl0w8

You can Google it, or you can seek professional advice。I'm sorry I can‘t help you, because I am not a professional

coque metal Nokia X etui Nokia X

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Made video, won't play back easily Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI