CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1309 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/24/2007 4:04:51 PM   
Ron_Jeremy

I've been using SCSI rigs since my introduction to computers. This is no longer viable since large SCSI drives don't exist, & even the 300GB variants are worth a mortgage payment. So, I'm moving away from SCSI. I use to rip audio with my Plextor PX-40TSi & am wondering if there's a modern day 'equivalent' type drive that would make a good replacement. I don't care if it's a reader or writer, or whether it's ATA or SATA. Any suggestions?

I have all the money I need, until I have to buy something...
Post #: 1
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/24/2007 5:26:54 PM   
SithTracy

Like you, I was a big SCSI guy and had to fade away from it from a cost standpoint (had kids... and at the time I didn't realize how expensive diapers are).  Right now, for DAE, I am using a Plextor PX-716A DVD burner to rip audio and it is fantastic.  Plexrtor has released the CD burner called the Plextor Premium II, but fo some reason it is not available in North America.  I want to swap out my PX-716A for one of those... I never burn DVD's on that anymore since the LG DVD burners have emerged.

(in reply to Ron_Jeremy)
Post #: 2
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/25/2007 4:05:28 PM   
Nitrox

Is the Plextor 760 good for burning CDs with their latest firmware? I know when it first came out it wasn't that great.
I would also like to get me a high quality CD burner, as I do have a Benq 1655 along with a Liteon Combo 5232K.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/25/2007 4:11:34 PM   
SithTracy

I looked past the 755/760 series and it's up in the air if Plex will release any more true Plextor drives.  The LITE-ON Combo should do a pretty decent job with CD's... Wouldn't bet the farm on the BenQ though... Not sure where you are, but if your country has the Plextor Premium II, that would be the drive to get for CD's... Would love to get one of those here in the States, but Plex U.S.A. promised me in an e-mail that they should be available here in Dec 2006... lol - Still waiting!!!

(in reply to Nitrox)
Post #: 4
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/25/2007 5:34:07 PM   
Nitrox

I'm in Canada and it's not available up here either. They do have the 230A but it doesn't read dvds.
The Benq I don't trust either for burning CDs, I've had  some nasty coasters which burned fine with the Liteon.
I wish I hadn't given away my Plex 24/10/40, it was one of the best CD burners but got kind of slow for today's media.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/25/2007 5:47:03 PM   
SithTracy

Well, the Premium II does not read DVD's either.  I know my 716A does a great job with audio... can't speak for the 755/760 series drives... better find out and get one quick... I think Plextor has stopped production of them.

(in reply to Nitrox)
Post #: 6
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/25/2007 7:15:33 PM   
MP3Mogul

The 755SA is a FULL SPEED reader, it's awesome!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
RE: modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? - 1/27/2007 2:35:02 PM   
Nitrox

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

The 755SA is a FULL SPEED reader, it's awesome!

I finally picked one up today, OEM version, very good price for it. I figured this could be the last chance at ever owning another Plextor drive and your recommendations made the decision a little easier. Thanks.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> modern day equivalent to Plex PX-40TSi? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI