CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 865 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files - 12/18/2003 8:36:49 PM   
coldawes

hi, i wonder if you can help me.
i have formatted all my cdrw's with no problem, i put some files onto a 700mb disc , i then tried to look at was on my disc again but when i clicked on my e drive the files were not there. all i got was the easy write files.i tried it several times but got the same reaction.so i erased the disc , (i still have the files on my hard drive.) i then formatted it again and put some files on it again, ejecting the disc after putting several files on the disc. i kept doing this until i had finished what i wanted to put on.
when i checked the disc again it said the disc was full 0bytes, so i thought i would delete some things . when i tried to delete the files it would not let me do it . it says " cannot delete, access denied make sure the disc is not full or write protected and the files are not currently in use.
i checked the disc for freespace but there is none , how do i delete some of the files and cure this problem.
also when i put the discs in the green arrow doesn't appear.
i thought if it was full all you had to do was to delete some files.
any help would be much appreciated.
col
coldawes@hotmail.com
[V]
Post #: 1
RE: incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files - 12/19/2003 4:06:00 PM   
dburg

I suppose your media is not full, but not mounted by InCD. It looks like it is mounted by UDFFS, the UDF read-only file system of Microsoft. As it is ready-only, the remaining space displayed in 0 bytes.

I although do not know why UDFFS mounts the media instead of InCD 3.5, probably because InCD 3.5 fails to mount it (thus UDFFS take the relay).

Is your recorder an old recorder which could have trouble to recognize the CD-RW as RW media (some old optics when getting old recognize all, especially when getting access trouble, medias as "CD-ROM"/not writable).

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to coldawes)
Post #: 2
RE: incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files - 12/22/2003 12:21:43 PM   
coldawes

my writer is a lite-on48 -12-5w never had real problems. just did another cdrw( traxdata 10x) put files on alright, might be the cdrw.
the cdrw loaded up alright stating i could use as a floppy then just drag and drop. i'll keep an eye on the amount of space left.
thanxs fo your help
update - checked my latest cdrw and this is the same as the rest , also the e drive says incd at the side of it when there's nothing in the drive . also i have a icon for a f drive , but i don't have a f drive. the only thing i can think of is about a week ago the computer booted into the bios for some reason and i exited it and booted up normally.
this is really irritating.
what if i uninstalled incd and reinstalled it again, don't know what to do about the phantom f drive , don't know anything about the bios i leave all that alone.
col

(in reply to coldawes)
Post #: 3
RE: incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files - 12/23/2003 12:49:43 PM   
dburg

Try to contact techsupport@nero.com and ask them for a tool cleaning incd installation (it double-check that nothing remains after uninstall) - this might help if it is a corrupted installation problem.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to coldawes)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> incd 3.5.2.4- can't see files- can't delete files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI