CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

vcd burning by nero (v5.5)   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 818 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> vcd burning by nero (v5.5) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
vcd burning by nero (v5.5) - 3/13/2002 4:15:17 PM   
WILLYBOY423

Hi, I'm just a newbie here. This is my first time posting. So here's the situation that I have: I'm planning to transfer my vhs movies to my pc so that I can make vcds from it. My vhs tapes holds about 4 + hours of movies in them. My question is: Can NERO be set to just burn like around 70 minutes (if you're using a 74-minute cd)or around 75 minutes (if you're using an 80-minute cd)? Or better yet, let me re-phrase the question, Can you set a time limit to NERO so that it wouldn't overburn?
Thanks a lot for any answers.
Post #: 1
RE: vcd burning by nero (v5.5) - 3/22/2002 3:29:33 AM   
Tron

How are you getting this 4 hour tape on your computer? If you are dumping it to the computer hard drive as an mpg file then I would say that you should use TMPGEnc to split it into 1 hour parts. That way you can get in each part onto a CDR. I have a TVcapture card that allows me to put vidio from VCR on the hard drive in MPG format so that is what I do. Hope this helps.........

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to WILLYBOY423)
Post #: 2
RE: vcd burning by nero (v5.5) - 3/24/2002 12:02:15 PM   
CCampbell

Yes, this is the best Solution. You can not set Nero to limit the write to 74min. At least not in the way you wish.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

How are you getting this 4 hour tape on your computer? If you are dumping it to the computer hard drive as an mpg file then I would say that you should use TMPGEnc to split it into 1 hour parts. That way you can get in each part onto a CDR. I have a TVcapture card that allows me to put vidio from VCR on the hard drive in MPG format so that is what I do. Hope this helps.........

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to WILLYBOY423)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> vcd burning by nero (v5.5) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI