CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ABIT Class Action Lawsuit   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1321 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> ABIT Class Action Lawsuit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ABIT Class Action Lawsuit - 2/27/2005 7:29:30 PM   
tqhoang

Did you guys see that ad for the ABIT Class Action Lawsuit on Anandtech? Pretty interesting stuff.

There is not really any mention of what was affected by the defective capacitor, but my old ABIT BE6-II (Intel 440BX with HighPoint HPT366 ATA-66 controller) never worked with any hard drive above ATA-33. Couldn't even get Windows to install if I tried to use the controller. Trust me, I tried every trick in the book and compared notes with those who were in the same boat. Tried pretty much every single official BIOS as well as Beta ones with the latest HPT BIOS...pretty much tried every single driver version from known good ones to the latest from HPT.

Anyway, I do realize that this is old hardware, but fair is fair right? It was always one of those things that bugged me for a long time. Now I just need to get that board back from my cousin when the time comes...

M$ Windows XP SP2
ASUS A7V8X BIOS 1015.003
AthlonXP Barton 3000+
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT AGP
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Fw FS0J
NEC ND-2100A@2510A Fw 2.0A
NEC ND-6750A Fw 2.42
NEC AD-7170A Fw 1.O4
Plextor Premium Fw 1.07
Plextor PX-716UF Fw 1.11
Post #: 1
RE: ABIT Class Action Lawsuit - 2/28/2005 5:22:04 PM   
emperor

I owned a KT7-Raid motherboard, have to see where its located...

(in reply to tqhoang)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> ABIT Class Action Lawsuit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI