CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In Windows   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1031 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In Windows Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In Windows - 11/13/2005 6:41:00 PM   
Synetech

Hi,

I could not find a general/spec/format forum so I thought this is the closest to what I am trying to figure out.

I need to know how to play the audio tracks of a multisession disc while in Windows.  If I put a multisession disc in a CD drive with a Play button on it, then I can listen to the audio through the headphone connector, but I am looking for a way of playing it with a media player the way you can do so with pure audio CDs.  Unfortunately, a multisession disc has data on it and it seems that Windows sees only that data.

Is this possible?  How?

Thanks.

--
Synetech
Post #: 1
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/13/2005 9:13:10 PM   
SithTracy

Never had a problem... try holding the SHIFT button down when you load the disc to prevent auto insert notification from taking off and trying to load the data session.  After the disc has spun up (usually takes several seconds), take your finger off the SHIFT key and open media player to play the audio session of the disc.

(in reply to Synetech)
Post #: 2
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/14/2005 6:12:37 PM   
Synetech

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

Never had a problem... try holding the SHIFT button down when you load the disc to prevent auto insert notification from taking off and trying to load the data session.  After the disc has spun up (usually takes several seconds), take your finger off the SHIFT key and open media player to play the audio session of the disc.

I just tried that a few times but it always loads the data track.  I tried using VLC to load it as an Audio CD but it does not work either.  When I instert a CD that is pure audio, the root of my CD drive contains the tracks as CDA files.  Is this even possible with a multisession disc?

--
Synetech

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/14/2005 7:26:41 PM   
SithTracy

I'm stumped.  I just tried a few cd's with a data session and had no trouble.  Do you have Nero?  If so, can you see the audio session with it?  You may want to try accessing/playing through IsoBuster.  The free version should do at least that.  Here is a screen capture of Sheryl Crow's "The Globe Session" being played through IsoBuster:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Synetech)
Post #: 4
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/16/2005 3:49:26 AM   
emperor

using EAC can help you rip the Audio part easily

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/17/2005 11:53:12 AM   
Synetech

I do not want to rip the audio tracks, I want to play them.  Using Isobuster or other similar tools, I can see the audio tracks, and I can extract them and play them that way.  What I am trying to do is to play the audio tracks (CDA files) right off the CD just as I do with a pure audio CD.  The problem is that I cannot seem to prevent Windows from viewing multisession discs as data CDs and ignoring the audio.  CD tools look at the disc at a low level, so they see the audio tracks, but XMPlay/WMP/etc. do not, they rely on the Windows APIs and need to see those CDA files. 

--
Synetech

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 6
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/17/2005 1:20:24 PM   
SithTracy

I though I mentioned that you can play the audio tracks from IsoBuster... you do not have to extract them.

What kind of CD-ROM drive do you have?  Perhaps it needs a firmware update or it is just not MPC compliant.

(in reply to Synetech)
Post #: 7
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/17/2005 3:40:59 PM   
Synetech

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy
I though I mentioned that you can play the audio tracks from IsoBuster... you do not have to extract them.

True but I want to play the audio tracks of the multisession disc in XMPlay like I do with a pure audio CD.

--
Synetech

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 8
RE: ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In ... - 11/17/2005 6:21:02 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

I do not want to rip the audio tracks, I want to play them.

Do you mind if I ask why you would not want to rip tracks and playback smaller mp3/m4a files?  In todays computer systems, disc space should not be an issue.

But your didn't answer my question about your CD-ROM drive... as cheap as they are these days, a new drive for a few bucks is worth losing the headache over... Just my opinion.

(in reply to Synetech)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> ? Playing Audio Tracks From A Multisession Disc In Windows Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI