CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hp Dvd 740B   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 925 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Hp Dvd 740B Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hp Dvd 740B - 7/24/2007 12:02:45 PM   
MystDrg75

I have had a Hp 740b lightscribe drive for about a year now.  I have used it in that time maybe 50-80 times.  Everything worked until just recently.  It will read and burn cds and will still burn the images on the top of the disks but won't read or write any type of dvd now.  Everytime I place a dvd in the drive it just blinks for a bit and then if you try to access the drive it says please place disk in drive.  I have cleaned the drive really good and still won't read dvds at all.  The only software I have installed is the lightscribe edition nero disk that came with the drive.  If anybody knows what I can try to get the drive to read dvds again I would appreciate the help.  Thank you in advance for the help.
Post #: 1
RE: Hp Dvd 740B - 7/24/2007 12:10:53 PM   
SithTracy

First, what did you use to clean the drive? You should not run lens cleaners on optical recording equipement...  Second, what kind of media (brand/type) are you tring to burn to?

(in reply to MystDrg75)
Post #: 2
RE: Hp Dvd 740B - 7/24/2007 12:59:28 PM   
MystDrg75

When I cleaned it I took it apart and cleaned the lens with 100% alchol rubbing alchol and a q-tip.  I have both verbatim disks and regluar hp lightscribe disks.  It just read anything that has to do with dvds.  It wont read regular dvd movies, blank dvds, or dvd data disks.  It reads blank cds, cd data, and audio cds fine.  It will also burn to blank cds but not blank dvds.  Everytime i put anytype of dvd in the drive it says there is no disk in the drive. 

Im running xp home edition with sp2 if that info is needed.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Hp Dvd 740B - 7/29/2007 9:15:39 PM   
HugoEumel

I have a similar problem since yesterday.
My HP DVD840i is unable to recognize burned CD-R and CD-RW media. It says there is no disk inserted. CD-ROMs are recognized and read properly.
Very strange: A new Fuji CD-RW media is recognized and can be written under Nero without any problems. But afterwards the previously written disk isn't recognized by the drive.
I am sure that everything worked OK some time ago.

Mainbord is MSI K9N Platinum
OS is W2K Professional SP4, fully patched.

Are there any suggestions? I am thinking of a new drive (ASUS DRW-1814BLT)

(in reply to MystDrg75)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Hp Dvd 740B Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote