CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1676 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM - 4/28/2005 6:44:00 AM   
joaopmsantos

Hi!

Can anyone help me find a newer firmware version for this drive? It came with the H100 firmware and I have problems recording a lot of CD-R/CD-RW at the correct speed...

Iggy gave me this link (http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1750) where version H102 is available, but after downloading it says that no compatible hardware was found! :( Any ideias of other places where I can download a firmware for this drive?

The drive came with an Acer Aspire notebook... it sucks that I can only record HighSpeed CD-RW media at 4x!!! Is this high-speed? I think not... CD-R's also give some problems, with good media only letting me record at 8x...
Post #: 1
RE: Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM - 4/28/2005 7:13:55 PM   
emperor

if that link didn't worked, i have no other solution, have you looked over google.com ?

(in reply to joaopmsantos)
Post #: 2
RE: Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM - 4/29/2005 5:00:04 AM   
joaopmsantos

Yeah, a quick look anyway. I have found several H102 firmwares that claim they are only for drives that came with NEC laptops... Also found some users complaining that they installed it in their drives (in other laptops) and, kind of killed them!

Well thanks anyway! I'm gonna try keep looking and if I find anything I'll post here!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM - 4/29/2005 6:23:26 PM   
emperor

thanks, keeps us updated

Post #: 4
RE: Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM - 5/14/2007 10:03:13 PM   
noel5rp

quote:

ORIGINAL: joaopmsantos

Yeah, a quick look anyway. I have found several H102 firmwares that claim they are only for drives that came with NEC laptops... Also found some users complaining that they installed it in their drives (in other laptops) and, kind of killed them!

Well thanks anyway! I'm gonna try keep looking and if I find anything I'll post here!

Well that's what happens when you try to flash the UJ-811 drive on a non-supported system.  the UJ-811 revision H102 (and newly released H103) firmware updates are for NEC laptops only.  IBM has the H107 firmware update for the drive provided at the IBM support site but that's for drives bundled on IBM notebook PCs only.  Using these firmware updates on non-supported machines (such as Acer, Toshiba, etc.) can permanently render the UJ-811 drive useless.

Note that the Mashita UJ811 firmware updates are OEM specific.  They are NOT generic firmware updates.

joaopmsantos, ask Acer if they provide firmware updates for the Mashita UJ-811 drive.  if they don't, forget about updating the firmware for your drive as there are NO generic updates for the drive.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Firmware for Matshita UJ-811 DVD-RAM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI