CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

UDF File Capacity on DVD-R   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1274 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> UDF File Capacity on DVD-R Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UDF File Capacity on DVD-R - 6/5/2007 10:30:22 PM   
ncsa

Hello...

I realise that this is a very old subject but I been trying to find answers or at least some fundamental understanding of this file system, as I am somewhat confused.  I have to use UDF 1.5 for an application which writes out .wav files to a DVD-R media from a MS 2003 server.

From what I understand UDF 1.5 when writing to a write-once media does the following:
  • UDF allows for 1 file to be the max size of the media to be used, in this case 4.3Gb
  • There is minimal waste of disc space due to the packet allocation
  • Initially allocates space for the TOC, in this case a finalised DVD has only 1 track and 1 session
  • The Virtual FAT is updated on the host and is then updated to the TOC on actually writing out the data

What I seem unable to find is the Maximun limit of files names that can be stored in the TOC (FAT), is there a limit as there is under MS DOS FAT/FAT32/NTFS, is there a limit?

I have been able to write DVDs which contain 60-80,000 files but get errors when trying to write 100,000 files .. so suspect that there must be some limit.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: UDF File Capacity on DVD-R - 6/6/2007 9:15:07 PM   
SithTracy

This table might help you out.

< Message edited by SithTracy -- 6/6/2007 9:17:35 PM >

(in reply to ncsa)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> UDF File Capacity on DVD-R Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI