CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1080 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware - 11/28/2006 5:09:23 PM   
TJArezzoS

I think  I upgraded my 4167B unit with the latest DJ13 firmware and now it reads/writes nothing. There were no errors whatsoever during flashing.

I'd like to know how can I solve this problem. I need you to point me to a good stable firmware for 4167B and to tell me how can I re-firmware my current drive ?

Thank you in advance!

< Message edited by TJArezzoS -- 11/28/2006 5:10:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware - 11/28/2006 5:50:13 PM   
SithTracy

Have you tried to re-flash with the same firmware?  You also might try looking at The Firmware Page.

(in reply to TJArezzoS)
Post #: 2
RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware - 12/11/2006 4:15:16 AM   
TJArezzoS

I can't update it with any Firmware because when I try that, the DVD-unit is not recognised by the Firmware application. Is there any application that can reset the firmware or "downgrade" it to some old version? How can I make the firmware see the unit?

I specify that atm the unit is seen by the Windows XP OS and it even reads the CDs... i still want to firmware it... it now shows DL13 version when booting but is not seen by the firmware i upgraded it with.

Is there any special tool that can help me recognise the unit ?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware - 12/11/2006 7:49:30 AM   
SithTracy

Search The Firmware Page.  There should be links to the Dangerous Brothers firmwares for LG drives that allow you to back flash, cross flash, etc. 

(in reply to TJArezzoS)
Post #: 4
RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware - 12/11/2006 12:03:36 PM   
TJArezzoS

thank you mate, that is a really useful link... I'll search through it and try to solve my problem.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware - 12/11/2006 8:23:14 PM   
cross56

Hi, I have this drive with the DL-13 firmware and my drive works flawless. I have 2 LG dvd burners, the GSA-4167 and the GSA-H10L and they both work flawless. The firmware you downloaded must have been bad or something. Because i'm using that firmware and it works great. I would try to force flash it with a different firmware or download the same firmware and try it again.

(in reply to TJArezzoS)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI