CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1387 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP - 3/8/2004 4:02:00 PM   
scfryer

I have helped a friend upgrade to Windows XP Pro. It's a fresh installation an a new 40Gb Maxtor HDD. He has an early AMD 2000 cpu with 512Mb ram. His Yamaha 4416s is plugged into an adaptec card (2940 from memory). He can't burn CDs and when you look into the system settings, or open 'My Computer' you can see 8 (eight) 'copies' of the yamaha listed, all with different drive letters! If you put in a CD, it is registered eight times and you can play it by clicking on any of the drive letters in 'My Computer'!

I have looked on the Microsoft site and done an Internet search but nobody seems to have had this problem before.

Anyone got any ideas????

Stephen
Post #: 1
RE: problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP - 3/8/2004 4:15:42 PM   
Jimmys

In my opinion you are a lucky person
Without spenting any money you have seven new devices!!!

(in reply to scfryer)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 3/8/2004 4:41:17 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to scfryer)
  Post #: 3
RE: problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP - 3/8/2004 7:15:52 PM   
G. M.

Can you go back into Properties and uninstall "all" the drives? You might want to leave one. May be best to do it while booting in the Safe Mode (F8) too. Windows XP should find the one drive on the next boot and all others should be gone, unless he has done some funny partitioning (which I always have had problems with and don't do anymore 'cause once the drive's FAT is messed up, it is pretty much over and a nightmare to get working again).

Just a thought....

G. M.

(in reply to scfryer)
Post #: 4
RE: problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP - 3/9/2004 12:42:24 AM   
scfryer

Tried uninstalling all but one, but they all came right back again! No funny partitions, There is a win98 drive as drive D but this problem started before that was hooked up. I did the XP Pro install with one single new drive but used FAT32.

(in reply to scfryer)
Post #: 5
RE: problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP - 3/9/2004 4:37:13 AM   
G. M.

Is the D: Drive set up with the correct jumper setting (i.e Slave)? I did something similar going from Win 98SE to XP. Try leaving the D: drive out and installing XP on the C: drive in NTFS mode. If that works and no other weird drives show up, you can install the D: drive (leave it as FAT32) and boot and see what happens. Somewhere down the line I converted the D: drive to NTFS as well but I did a backup to an external USB 2.0 drive prior to the conversion.

(in reply to scfryer)
Post #: 6
RE: problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP - 3/11/2004 4:53:59 PM   
dburg

IMHO it looks like this discussion is not in the right part of the forum. It does not seem to be related to packet writing. Maybe a moderator can move it to the right place?

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to scfryer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> problems with Yamaha 4416s abd XP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI