CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1054 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader? - 2/9/2006 1:03:23 PM   
lasstr8

Ok I have a Seagate 80Gb harddrive that I used to have in my PC with Windows on it, but i got a bigger harddrive and want to use the Seagate in my PS2. I deleted everything off the harddrive and tried to use the HDD utility disk that came with my 40Gb harrdrive for  my PS2 that im using now. I set it to master and installed it in the PS2, but its not being recognized. Then i tried formatting it with the WinHIIP program and trying it again, but the PS2 still wont see it. Anyone know what Im doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader? - 2/9/2006 1:05:24 PM   
lasstr8

Oh and theSeagate  harddrive is listed as working on the PS2  harddrive compatibilty chart.

(in reply to lasstr8)
Post #: 2
RE: Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader? - 2/10/2006 3:16:03 AM   
ModFreak

As far as I know, is that you can’t install the Sony’s HDD Utilities disc on an unofficial HDD. Whereas you may be able to install an unofficial disc if you have a latest modchip installed, DMS 4 for instance…
The Sony HDD Utilities are only useful if you want your HDD to be recognized by the PS2 browser. So why do you want to recognize the HDD on the PS2, since it is not required by the HDLoaders...

(in reply to lasstr8)
Post #: 3
RE: Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader? - 2/10/2006 3:34:56 PM   
lasstr8

Ok that was the problem then, this was my first time doing it and i assumed i needed the PS2 to see it in order to work, but i booted up in to HDloader and it worked just fine. Only thing is i wont be able to save data off the memory cards onto this harddrive. O well thanks for the help.

(in reply to ModFreak)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Formatting a used harddrive for HD Loader? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI