CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

usb dvd and ext hard drive   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1151 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> usb dvd and ext hard drive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
usb dvd and ext hard drive - 10/6/2005 9:58:47 PM   
arpy

this is my first post but i've been learning a lot from reading them. Am now burning lots of movies. My question is this. I use a laptop and pcmcia 2.0 card to attach my dvd burner,
all was well. Then I thought I would also attach a ext hard drive to cache my files and then burn from it. I can't get both devices to work at the same time. I get an Exclamation point in device manager telling me to reboot, which dosn't change anything. I running w2k p3
750 and have updated all drivers I can. What do you all think?
Post #: 1
RE: usb dvd and ext hard drive - 10/7/2005 5:15:42 AM   
Antonio

It might be a limitation of your laptop. Is it USB 2.0 I suppose, am I correct? Which has two ports, I mean the card you attached?

Does your laptop has USB ports?

(in reply to arpy)
Post #: 2
RE: usb dvd and ext hard drive - 10/7/2005 10:54:58 AM   
arpy

Thanks for a reply. Yes my laptop has 2 usb ports 1.1, and the card is usb 2.0. That's why I'm using it for the dvd and HD connection.

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: usb dvd and ext hard drive - 10/7/2005 11:44:13 AM   
SithTracy

Does the PCMCIA adapter need additional power?  Also check with the card mfg to see if there are any issues powering both a DVD and HardDisc at the same time.  Might also be a good idea to check http://www.usb.org/ to see if the USB2 cardbus adapter is certified...

(in reply to arpy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> usb dvd and ext hard drive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI