CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Question about Roxio 'drag to disk'   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1664 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' - 9/1/2003 4:27:02 AM   
Debbie25

I run WinXP and just loved DirectCD which will not work with WinXP. At least I could not get it to work. I would get the 'Can not find device' errors.

Anyway, I would like to try the 'Drag-to-Disk' but all I can find is the upgrade. I still have my older version (3.01d) of DirectCD. Should I install it and then just install the 'Drag-to-Disk' upgrade over it or is there a place to download a full trial version to see if it will work with WinXP?

Also wondering if there is a downloadable trial verson of Easy CD Creator 6?

Just curious of what size is the full version of Easy CD Creator 6 with Drag-to-Disk included?

Thanks,
Debbie
Post #: 1
RE: Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' - 9/2/2003 7:32:28 PM   
transnote

There is no stand alone drag to disc update, it is only as a part of the Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 installation.

There is no 'trial' version of Easy CD and DVD Creator 6.

Full size after install is probably about 700mb + but remember you can cut a lot of that out if you don't want the PhotoSuite, AudioCentral, DVD Builder, etc ....

(in reply to Debbie25)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' - 9/3/2003 12:15:53 AM   
Matthew

Which version of Creator do you have - if it's V4, no chance, but if you already have V5, the update should include XP compatibility for DirectCD

(in reply to Debbie25)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' - 9/3/2003 9:50:24 AM   
Debbie25

I tried V5 when I first installed WinXP. I followed the Roxio instructions and would always come up with errors with DirectCD about not finding a device. I got really tired and worn out trying to get it to work, so I finally gave up and went with InstantCD.

Now that v6 is out I would like to see if it works any better.

I have also been working with Nero and InCD and just updated to the latest version but have not had time to test it out yet.

Between Nero and Easy CD Creator which would be better?
Between InCD and Drag-to-Disk which would be better?

Thanks,
Debbie

(in reply to Debbie25)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' - 9/3/2003 10:29:39 PM   
Matthew

Well, unless it's changed with "Drag to Disc", DirectCD supported CD-R media for packet as well as CD-RW.

On CD-R media, the format is variable packet, where short files can be written as a single short packet of size up to maximum, and longer files as a string of maximum length packets. Space is NOT recoverable from deleted or superceded files, and it is only accessible in the writer until you choose to close the session (and take the session overhead).

I'll play devil's advocate, and suggest RecordNowMAX and DLA - DLA certainly seems to have the best reputation of any packet writer, maybe because it's the least used!

Beware though - Nero 6 and RecordNowMax tend to be incompatible, while Easy CD Creator is often blamed for conflicts as well.

(in reply to Debbie25)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Question about Roxio 'drag to disk' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI