CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero InCd 4.0.1.7   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 665 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/17/2003 9:52:16 AM   
Portsoy

Hi

I am using using the following system:

Windows Me
Liteon LTR-32125W (Latest Available Firmware)Slave on Secondary
512MB PC133 SDRAM
13GB Hard Drive 10GB Free

I am getting the follow Error Message when try to Format a blank CDRW:

Error writing the disc in :\ Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged.

I have tried 3 different discs
1 x Liteon CD-RW74 4x-12x (came with the drive brand new)
1 x Intenso 80Min 4x-12x (Brand New)
1 x Intenso 74Min 2x-4x (Previously used with InCd Version 3, but erased with Nero prior to try a format with InCd version 4.0.1.7)

What is happening as this drive was working with previous versions of InCd which have now been over written in the upgrade to 4.0.1.7

I am also using the Latest version of Nero 5.5 and all ASPI layer driver are installed both Nero and System

Thanks

Karl

Post #: 1
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/17/2003 6:08:48 PM   
sp

Please read other threads in this forum, where links to previous versions of this "suspect" software are being posted.

WM # CI

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/17/2003 10:06:35 PM   
dburg

Likely a problem of InCD 4. I recommand to use InCD 3.5 until we fixed the error. I will try to keep you inform here of the availability of the fixed version.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 2:08:59 AM   
foxy

After a crash on my computer caused by BSPlayer InCD stopped working properly. Every time I try to add file to any CD-RW it diplays:
quote:
Cannot copy the file: Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only.You cannot move or copy files over to this CD-ROM drive.

In the Properties under InCD tab it has the follwing:
quote:
MRW disk
UDF v1.02
This device cannot write to the currently inserted disk. For writing please choose a write-capable drive and a compatible disk type.

I try to re-install InCD but it did not help at all.

I've got LiteON LTR-40125S, WinXP SP1 and InCD 4017. Everything has been fine until today. What can it be?

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 2:01:03 PM   
dburg

The problem seems to be that InCD was writting during the crash thus the filesystem integrity is corrupted. The unclosed volume is detected at mount time and InCD reject to mount it read-write. You should copy the data on your disc to the hard disk, check that they are valid, then re-format your disc using quick-format.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 2:11:19 PM   
foxy

I was not writing during the crash, however the disk might be in the drive. Anyway I tried another volume and the situation is the same. The fact that I can write to the disk when InCD is not installed makes me think that it is a problem with InCD.

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 3:08:57 PM   
dburg

?? But is your CD-RW blank, UDF or ISO or something else?

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 3:18:31 PM   
foxy

No, no. It is not blank. I use it for archive. So it's got plenty staff on it, which I can read and copy to my HD without any problem. It is UDF formatted. I have not had any problems before, but after this irrelevant crash, you know, it is impossible to write on any of two my CDRW disks. And what is the most peculiar thing, InCD does not recognise my drive as a writing one. Something went wrong after the crash either with InCD (but I uninstalled it and installed again) or my CDR drive software (but it is ok, I checked). It drives me crazy...

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 4:43:00 PM   
foxy

I've just installed ver. 3.20.1 which came with my CDRW drive and it works fine. Unfortunately I cannot find ver. 3.5 since it is not available at Nero site [:(!]

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 5:10:45 PM   
dburg

Go to InCD download page then select "Updates until v 3.5" instead of Program.

I'm sorry but I see no obvious reason why InCD 4 could go wrong such a way, and reproducing the problem you had seems possible only with bad luck (maybe we need to recruit a tester with extreme bad luck ).

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/23/2003 5:43:13 PM   
foxy

Thanks Dave. Download did not work yesterday, but now it does.

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/24/2003 5:52:28 PM   
frans

Hello,

I had and have still the same trouble.

Last month I bought a new notebook. In The Windows XP Home version 2002 is an obstruction that let me not use InCD v 4.1.0.
I spent almost 18 hours trying to let InCD work. In the end I was wondering what on earth I could be doing wrong and became quite desperate. But after a contact with the consumer service of the producer of my notebook I understood that Windows today has a contract with Roxio for using a simplified version of DirectCD. That simpified version uses a step between in the burnig schedule. So file synchronisation whith a directory on the hard disk and a CDRW is not possible.
It seems that Windows does not allow his users to use InCD. There is a mayor software conflict between Windows DirectCD and Nero InCD and I also don’t know how to let InCD work.

PTF

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/24/2003 8:25:56 PM   
dburg

Well, it is true that Roxio designed for Microsoft the burning engine integrated into Windows XP (both Pro and home). As far as I know it is quite different from DirectCD as DirectCD is a packet-writing application and the burning engine of XP is a CD-master application (like EasyCD but integrated into the Windows Explorer).

Although, InCD 4 have been designed so it should try to cohabit as best as possible with this XP burning engine. In our QA lab tests, as well as reported by various end-users or drive manufacturers, InCD 4 is working on Windows XP Home. As you seems to be less lucky, I advise to provide more information about your problem. What is your hardware? What do happen that seem wrong to you when you install InCD 4? Is the InCD 4 icon visible in the task bar after installation of InCD? Are you able to open InCD format dialog on a RW media using the context-menu of the device where the media is inserted?

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 - 7/25/2003 3:48:31 AM   
Twilight Seraphim

I`m using WinMe/98 and LG GCE-8320B CD-RW. Until yesterday I wasn`t having any problems with casual burning. Yesterday I upgraded to Nero 5.5.10.42 and InCD 4.0.1.7, and now am having all sorts of problems as well.
I started recieving an error preventing me from entering Nero reading there is a winaspi.dll error. I cleared that up with the help of Mp3Mogul, but unfortunately now my Device Manager doesn`t even register my Cd-r drive. I`ve tested with a boot disk and its not a hardware problem. The system seems to acknowledge the cd-rom drive until windows itself opens where as I don`t even have a drive available to check. Add/Remove doesn`t even find that there is device missing.
Wondering if too many more people are having similar issues since the upgrade. [V]

(in reply to Portsoy)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Nero InCd 4.0.1.7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI