1. Features, specs
Zidoo introduced their first Realtek RTD1296 media players earlier this year with Zidoo X20 / X20 Pro models, but those devices were not aimed at everyone since their prices were starting at almost $500. The company has since then launched the more affordable models with ZIDOO Z9S and Z10, which are updated of RTD1295 models Zidoo X9S and X10 launched some time ago.
We have in out hands the z9s model, a 4K Media Player powered by Realtek RTD1296 Quad-core 64 A53 processor, armed with 2GB of memory, 16GB eMMC built-in storage, Gigabit ethernet, 802.11ac 2T2R 867Mbps Wi-Fi and and Bluetooth 4.2.
Besides the Cortex A53 processor, the Realtek RTD1296 SOC packs an ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU, and the same H.265/VP9 video engine as the company's previous RTD1295 model. However, the new SoC adds one extra RGMII (Gigabit Ethernet) interface, one more USB 3.0 port, one extra SATA interface, and offers higher DDR bandwidth. The PCIe interface also allows you to use more than just two SATA drives.
As yo usee below, the player is compact in size at 7.4 x 5.1 x 1.2 inches (190 x 130 x 30 mm) and its weight is 0.5 lb (230 gr), as a result of the use of aluminum for the case.
Let's take a look at its complete specs:
- Interfaces/ ports:
- 2x eSATA 3.0 ports
- 2x USB2.0 ports
- 2x USB3.0 ports
- 1x Fiber optic
- 1x Gigabit LAN
- 1x CVBS output
- 1x RS232
- 1x HDMI out 2.0a
- 1x HDMI in 2.0
- Full-function backlight learning remote control
- Front LED five-segment display and various status display
- 12V 3A Power Supply
- Uupgraded WIFI module supports 2T2R MIMO 867Mbps rates
- New technology of picture quality optimization engine and optimized HDR transfer algorithm for accurate restoration of original colors when playing 4K HDR even without HDR TV, and support for the SDR mapping HDR.
- Accurate frame rate switching and automatic resolution switching (23.976,59.94,25,30,50,60)
- 4k 60p point-to-point output, wide-color domain HDR/HDR10, 10Bit color depth, 1.07 billion colors
- True 4K 60P decoding, H.265 /HEVC 10bit hard solution
- Supports 4K UHD Blue-ray navigation,
- Subtitle function, supports any change of fonts, a variety of color effectl, supports online download subtitles; supports both SUP and ASS effects captions.
- Poster Wall function, automatic scanning, automatic category of films and TV series, layout customization options.
- Supports non-destructive audio formats such as SACD,DFF,DSF, APE,FLAC,WAV; supports CUE rails; supports mobile control without turning on the display device to listen to music.
- Breaking the android SRC limit, audio sampling rate is up to 192K output
- Supports NFS,SMB V2,SMB V1 multiple sharing protocols
- Supports HTTP,RS232 (can control ON/OFF), Control4 e.t.c.