Today, we will be reviewing the first nVidia SLI certified PSU to hit the market, the Power Express 250W from Thermaltake. Nowadays, many PC gamers are facing power supply problems when they decide to install two graphics cards, whether it be in SLI or CrossFire mode. The most common problem occurs, while gaming or benchmarking, when the system demands more power from the PSU. If that demand cannot be met, the system shuts-down. Now, there is a solution and it comes from Thermaltake, the Power Express 250W.
- World's First nVIDIA SLI Certified Dual VGA Card-Dedicated Power Supply
- Standard 5.25" design: fits into any 5.25" drive bay of all cases
- Two 6-pin PCI-Express connectors support nVIDIA SLI technology
- Work with main power supply: reduce the loading on current PSU and no need to upgrade current PSU while running dual card mode
- Keeps stable power input for graphic cards to maximize the overclock-ability & performance
- Three LEDs display: red for power on, one green LED for 12V1, and another one for 12V2
- High reliability: MTBF>100,000 hours
- Protections: Input Circuit, Over Power, Short-Circuit, Under Voltage, Over Voltage, and Over-temperature protection
- Safety / EMI Approvals: CE and FCC certified
Below, you can see the specifications for the Purepower Power Express 250W PSU.
|Maximum Power||250 Watts (Peak Load: 300Watts)|
|Switches||ATX Logic on-off additional power rocker switch|
|PFC (Power Factor Correction)||Active PFC|
|Cooling System||4 cm Fan
SPEED: 5500 (+/- 10%) RPM
DIMENSION: 40 X 40 X 20 mm
AIR FLOW: 6.3 CFM
TEMP. AUTO CONTROL
|Noise||20dB at 2000RPM|
|Over Voltage Protection Recycle AC to Reset||Maximum value not over 12.8~15.5V|
|Net Weight||1.2 kg|
|Input Frequency Range||47 ~ 63 Hz|
|Efficiency||Above 75% at full load|
|Voltage||+12V1 & +12V2|
|Max. Load||21A (Peak Load: 25A)|
|Ripple & Noise||Less than 100mVpp|
- Retail Package
The retail package is complete and includes everything you will need. Mounting screws, cables, two cord clips and a detailed User's Manual that helps you set-up the PSU and make all the required connections.
|250W power supply unit...|
|four mounting screws & two cord clips...|
|AC Input power cord...|
OK, now that we've covered the features and specifications, let's move on to the next page, and have a closer look.