The Qstarz Q1000P is a combo device, matching a very capable BT GPS receiver and at the same time a GPS logger with over 200.000 points of onboard memory. The device uses the MediaTek GPS chipset which in our tests, matched the performance of the famous SiRF III and even surpassed it in several cases. The build-in battery keeps the device on for approximately 10hours, while there is no option for external antenna. We also found very useful the standby mode, which turns the device into a hibernate mode after 4 minutes of continuous signal seeking without results. This saves battery resources, while the device automatically power on as soon as it finds strong BT signal.
The retail package is more than complete including several charging cables/adapters and of course the essential software to upload your logged tracks. The Travel Recorder software v4.1 has a user friendly and interface and will help you analyze your driving/biking/walking skills/routes. Priced at ~$100, the device is highly recommended to all those who need a combo device for their GPS needs.
- Complete retail package
- Supports WAAS/Egnos
- Car charger is included
- High capacity battery is included (1100mAh) up to 32h use (specs)
- Very good performance for indoor/outdoor use
- Included Travel Recorder software is very easy to use
- Well documented
- Compact dimensions and low weight make it highly portability
- Standby mode available
- There is no Auto on/off power save function (?)
- No option for external antenna