- Over three quarters of a billion smartphones will ship in 2016
- Feature and other phones will hit 869 million units in 2016
- Almost 300 million tablets will ship in 2016
- E-book readers shipments could reach 100 million a year by 2016
- Handheld game consoles will hit 91 million by 2016
The processors powering these devices will be consuming remarkably little power, built in the latest nanometer technology, and delivering very high performance and functionality.
"And although all of the devices will share some functionality and capabilities, no single device will kill any of the others ... at least immediately," JPR claims. "Each device will have a different form, primary function, and price. All will be connected all the time, and most will have 3D displays and cameras."
More than 16 processor companies and 4 IP suppliers, will be chasing this market. Compared to the four or five processor companies chasing the PC market that makes the mobile processor market over populated by four-to-one.