The platform features a controller that supports 200 mega transfers per second (MT/s) synchronous-mode flash, up over the 166 MT/s supported by other NAND Flash controllers. Everest supports 1TB capacities in a single controller SSD design with current generation Flash components. Its eight channel design with up to 16-way interleaving ensures performance, while the full data path and power fail protection delivers data integrity and reliability.
Everest's design delivers sequential speeds up to 500MB/s and is optimized for small file writes at the 8K file size with next generation page mapping technology, which increases transactional performance optimized for 4K to 16K compressed files, by matching file sizes to the 8K page size typical in newer generation NAND Flash.
Indilinx's new boot time reduction algorithms can be configured to decrease system boot time by up to 50% over existing SSD controller architectures.
Indilinx Everest Platform feature-set:
- SATA Revision 3.0 - Supports 6Gbps, 3Gbps, and 1.5Gbps interface - speeds
- Dual Core ARM CPU
- 1TB Maximum Capacity
- High Sequential Speeds
- High Transactional Performance - Optimized for 4K to 16K Compressed Files
- Up to 8 Channels of ONFI 2.0/Toggle 1.0 Flash at up to 200MT/s with up to 16-way Interleaving
- Advanced BCH ECC engine -over 70 bits per defined sector
- 400MHz DDR3 DRAM Cache Interface with Support for up to 512MB
- Proprietary Ndurance Technology
- Enhanced Power Fail Protection
- Supports up to 1xnm Node NAND Flash with 1, 2, or 3 bits per cell
- Efficient NAND Flash Management - Dynamic and Static Wear-Leveling, and Background Garbage Collection
- Boot Time Reduction Optimizations - Collaborative Platform Development
- NCQ Support up to 32 Queue Depth
- End-to-End Data Protection
- TRIM Support
- Numerous Over-Provisioning Options
- Industry Standard SMART Reporting
OCZ is curently offering the Indilinx Everest SSD platform to OEMs for validation.