The two communication methods are not interoperable; they require different devices that match the communication method of the host applications. The new IC incorporates both the Serial Port Profile (SPP) that is used for Basic Rate communication and the Generic Attribute Profile (GATT) used for Low Energy communication. This realizes a single device supporting two different communication methods.
Toshiba will start mass production of the IC in November.
- Part Number: TC35661SBG-501
- Operation Voltage: 1.8V or 3.3V
- Package: TFBGA64, 5mm, 5mm, 0.5mm Ball pitch
- Bluetooth version: Ver.4.0
- Corresponding profile:
Serial Port Profile(SPP)
Generic Attribute Profile (GATT)
- Interface: UART, I2C, GPIO
- Other features: GPIO function, Sleep mode, Host wake-up.