With quad-core performance, advanced camera features, AI enhancements and power efficiency, the Helio A series is optimized for devices that offer a value without sacrificing modern capabilities and features.
MediaTek's new Helio A22, the first chipset in its Helio A Series, is built with 12nm FinFET fabrication technology. Equipped with MediaTek's CorePilot technology, the chipset optimizes power for each task to extend device battery life. Helio A22 also has AI features to take advantage of the MediaTek NeuroPilot software development kit (SDK) extensions and third-party AI applications.
The chipset supports up to 13+8 megapixels dual-camera setups at 30 frames per second (FPS) and a single camera operating mode of up to 21 megapixels. Device makers can create large-screen devices with the Helio A22's 20:9 HD+ display support.
The chipset supports the latest AI frameworks, including Google Android Neural Networks API (Android NNAPI), so developers can build AI applications for Helio A22-powered devices.
Connectivity is at the heart of the Helio A22 with an RF design for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi co-existence. The chipset both Cat-4 and Cat-7 4G LTE performance for fast connectivity and packs a dual 4G SIM with VoLTE and ViLTE. Also A22 supports both LPDDR3 and the newer LPDDR4.
Mediatek says that the Helio A22's GNSS location enhancements enable 57 percent faster TTFF, a 10 percent improvement in accuracy and up to 24 percent lower power operation compared to previous generation chipsets. With 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, MediaTek's Helio A22 offers higher bandwidth and throughput. Also, the chipset supports BT5.0.
The Helio A Series is in volume production now with the availability of the Helio A22-powered Xiaomi Redmi 6A in China.
- CPU Type(s): ARM Cortex-A53
- Max CPU Frequency: 2.0GHz
- Cores: Quad (4)
- CPU Bit: 64-bit
- Memory Type: LPDDR3, LPDDR4x
- Max Memory Frequency: 933MHz (LPDDR3); 1600MHz (LPDDR4x)
- Max Memory Size: 4GB (LPDDR3); 6GB (LPDDR4x)
- Storage Type: eMMC 5.1
- Cellular Technologies: Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA +
- Specific Functions: TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category: Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS: Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- Wi-Fi: a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- FM Radio: Yes