2. CD/DVD reading tests
2. CD/DVD reading tests
3. CD error correction tests
4. DVD error correction tests
5. CD/DVD testing platform - IQB Omni CD DVD Analyser by Quantized
6. CD-R Writing - Taiyo Yuden 48x CD-R
7. CD-R Writing- CMC Magnetics 48x CD-R
8. CD-RW Writing - Verbatim 32x CD-RW
9. DVD+R Writing - CMC MAG M01 @ 16x
10. DVD+R Writing - DAXON AZ3 @ 16x
11. DVD+R Writing - Verbatim MCC004 @ 16x
12. DVD+R Writing - PRODISC R05 @ 16x
13. DVD+R Writing - YUDEN T03 @ 22x
14. DVD-R Writing - CMC MAG AM3 @16x
15. DVD-R Writing - MCC03RG20 @16x
16. DVD-R Writing - PRODISC F02 @16x
17. DVD-R Writing - TTH02 @ 16x
18. DVD-R Writing - TYG03 @ 22x
19. DVD+R DL Writing - Verbatim MKM 003 @ 8x
20. DVD-R DL Writing - Verbatim MKM 03RD30 @ 8x
21. DVD+RW Writing - Verbatim MKMA03 @ 8x
22. DVD-RW Writing - Verbatim MKM 01RW6X01 @ 6x
23. DVD-RAM Writing - MXL16 @ 5x
24. DVD-RAM Writing - MXL22 @ 12x
25. DVD Writing quality summery, Overburning, Bitsetting
26. About LiteOn SmartErase feature
27. Final Thoughts
For our CD transfer rate tests, we used the Nero Disc Speed utility and a set of data and audio CD-R/RW/ROM. The drive can read CD media at a maximum speed of 48X.
For each CDSpeed graph, you can click on the image to see the complete screenshot, including full measurements. For comparison, we have also added the corresponding results of another 22x DVD burner, the Samsung SH-S223F.
- US RW
The following CD Speed graph shows the reading performance with US-RW media. Reading reached a maximum of 40x, as per the specifications.
In the CD Speed Advanced DAE quality test, the drive's average speed was 33.13X with a quality score of 100.
A typical DAE task with an 80min non-protected Audio CD produced 32.2X average ripping speed.
|AdvDAE Speed||AdvDAE Score||DAE Speed|
- 90/99 mins Audio disc
The drive was not able to burn the 99min Audio disc.
Now let's take a look at how the drive performs with DVD media. This time, a set of SL and DL DVD media was used. The drive is capable of reading at 16X maximum speed for single layer DVD ROM and at 12X for dual layer DVD ROM media.
DVD-ROM SL media -
PTP DVD-ROM -
The two layers of a PTP DVD-ROM disc are read sequentially with the drive starting reading from the inner part of the disc, which is the beginning of each layer, progressing towards its outer range.
OTP DVD-ROM -
The first layer of an OTP dual layer DVD-ROM is read exactly the same way as the first layer of the PTP disc we tested previously. The difference here is the reading strategy of the second layer of the disc. The beginning of the second layer is located in the outer part of the disc, so the drive starts reading from the outer tracks and progresses towards the inner part of the disc.
- DVD+R DL
-DVD RAM (2-5x media)
-DVD RAM (12x media)
- DVD Video Ripping
Ripping of a single layer DVD movie:
- Summary of reading tests
A very good performance from the LiteOn drive, showing high reading speed while maintaining integrity for the read-out data.