Kingston Digital, the flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology, is shipping the KC600 SATA SSD, along with the Data Center 450R (DC450R) Enterprise SSD.
Designed for use in desktop and notebook workloads, KC600 comes in a 2.5" form factor using the SATA Rev 3.0 interface with backwards compatibility.
The SSD supports a full-security suite that includes AES-XTS 256-bit hardware-based encryption, TCG Opal 2.0 and eDrive. It will be available in capacities up to 2 TB utilizing the latest 3D TLC NAND technology and has read/write speeds up to 550/520 MB/s, respectively. It is offered as both a stand-alone SSD or as a bundle kit which provides everything needed for an easy desktop or notebook upgrade installation.
The KC600 is currently available in 256 GB and 512 GB capacities, with 1 TB and 2 TB shipping soon. The SSD is backed by a limited five-year warranty.
The second SSD released today, the Data Center 450R (DC450R) Enterprise SSD, is a high performance 6Gbps SATA SSD with 3D TLC NAND, designed for read-centric application workloads.
The DC450R is designed for workloads that require 24/7 uptime and reliability, such as Content Delivery Networks (CDN), edge computing applications and a wide array of software-defined storage architectures.
The DC450R is available in from 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB1 capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty.
Data Center 450R Enterprise SSD Features & Specifications
- Data Integrity Protection: ECC protection with advanced read/disturb management safeguards against data corruption; end-to-end protection.
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED): AES 256-bit Encryption
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 480GB – 560MBs/510MBs
- 960GB – 560MBs/530MBs
- 1.92TB – 560MBs/530MBs
- 3.84TB – 560MBs/525MBs
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write:
- 480GB – 99,000/17,000 IOPS
- 960GB – 98,000/26,000 IOPS
- 1.92TB – 99,000/28,000 IOPS
- 3.84TB – 99,000/26,000 IOPS
- Quality of Service (Latency): TYP Read/Write: <500 µs / <2 ms
- Hot-Plug Capable
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling
- Power Loss Protection (Power Caps): No
- Enterprise SMART Tools: Reliability tracking, usage statistics, SSD life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Endurance DC450R:
- 480GB — 285TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
- 960GB — 582TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
- 1.92TB — 1301TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
- 3.84TB — 2823TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)
- Power Consumption:
- 480GB: Idle: 1.05W Average Read: 1.25W Average Write: 3.03W Max Read: 1.25W Max Write: 4W
- 960GB: Idle: 1.15W Average Read: 1.3W Average Write: 3.18W Max Read: 1.3W Max Write: 4.25W
- 1.92TB: Idle: 1.22W Average Read: 1.42W Average Write: 3.44W Max Read: 1.42W Max Write: 4.5W
- 3.84TB: Idle: 1.3W Average Read: 1.48W Average Write: 3.93W Max Read: 1.48W Max Write: 5.5W
- Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100mm x 7mm
- Weight: 92.34g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty: Limited 5-year warranty