Crucial recently announced a series of new external mobile storage solutions for high-end users, the X9 Pro and X10 Pro series, which we have already have tested. While the X10 Pro series is clearly designed for ultimate performance with a high retail price, the X9 Pro series keep read/write speeds around ~1GB/sec, which should be enough for most users anyway.
With the Crucial X9 Pro Portable SSD, photographers, and performance-minded consumers can safely store, transport, and backup important photos, files, and more on the go, without cloud or internet access. With read and write speeds up to 1,050MB/s and capacities up to 4TB, the Crucial X9 Pro is an optimized plug-and-play storage solution that’s compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and more. Featuring Micron TLC NAND and water and dust resistance (IP55), the Crucial X9 Pro is designed for durability and style.
External SSDs like the Crucial X9 Pro offer an infinitely more durable way to store valuable files, photos, videos, and more, thanks to the fact that there are no spinning/moving parts inside the drive (versus a hard disk drive). In addition to the durability benefits, external SSDs like the Crucial X9 Pro offer a significant performance boost over most other portable SSDs in the market and external HDDs, which means users spend more time doing what they love and less time waiting.
The Crucial X9 Pro delivers great performance and huge capacities for mainstream consumers who like stepping up to things like a metal finish or a waterproof product, giving them control over every aspect of how they store data and how it is protected. It has been tested with a myriad of platforms, from PC to Mac, consoles to Android devices.
While cloud storage is a popular and emerging technology for consumers, there are segments of the market that cloud storage simply cannot accommodate efficiently such as high bitrate, and large video files. The Crucial X9 Pro is best suited to those applications that require fast storage directly connected to the device. It is also ideal for consumers who feel uneasy putting assets like photos or sensitive documents on a distant server farm, or for consumers who simply don’t want another subscription charge on their credit card bill each month.
As demand for external hard drives continues to diminish, consumers are switching to external SSDs like the Crucial X9 Pro — a smart choice for high-capacity, fast, durable storage. The Crucial X9 Pro is plug-and-play ready with a USB-C connection and works with Windows, Mac, Android devices, and more. Its diminutive size of 65 x 50 millimeters provides palm-sized portability and weighs only 38 grams.
- Powerful performance: With read and write speeds up to 1,050MB/s, the Crucial X9 Pro Portable SSD is powerful enough for editing directly from the drive and has high sustained performance of 975MB/s writes throughout the drive's capacity.
- Broad compatibility: The X9 Pro offers plug-and-play compatibility with Windows, Mac, Android, iPad, PC, Linux, PlayStation and Xbox gaming consoles via an included USB-C cable. USB-C to USB-A adapter available separately for USB-A devices
- Dust and splash proof durability: With IP55 water and dust resistance and drop-proof durability up to 7.5 feet/2 meters, your X9 Pro Portable SSD is durable enough to travel anywhere you shoot, work or roam.
- Security that travels with you: Protect sensitive data in the studio, in the field, or while traveling with password protection and 256-bit AES hardware encryption.
- Professional quality: Engineered by Micron, the Crucial X9 Pro Portable SSD comes in anodized aluminum with a rubberized soft-touch base in a mini 65 x 50 mm design that includes a drive activity light in the integrated lanyard hole.
With IP55 water and dust resistance6 and drop-proof durability up to 7.5 feet/2 meters, your X9 Pro Portable SSD is tough enough to travel anywhere you shoot, work or roam.
The X9 Pro works with Windows, Mac, Android, iPad, PC, Linux, Xbox and PlayStation gaming consoles, all via a plug-and-play USB-C cable.
Protect sensitive data in the studio, in the field, or while traveling with password protection and 256‐bit AES hardware encryption.
Engineered by Micron, the Crucial X9 Pro Portable SSD comes in anodized aluminum with a rubberized soft-touch base in a mini 65 x 50 mm design that includes a drive activity light in the integrated lanyard hole.