Canon U.S.A., Inc unveiled today the Canon EOS Rebel T8i camera along with the compact and portable SELPHY Square printer.
The Canon SELPHY Square printer is easy to set-up thanks to the newly updated Canon Print app SELPHY PHOTO LAYOUT ver. 2.02, which allows you to scan a QR code directly featured on the printer and instantly pairs your compatible handheld device to the Canon SELPHY Square printer via Wi-Fi. In addition, the app allows users to add a personal touch to their images – inclusive of stickers, borders and text. The printer supports the square format framed sticker type paper and it is battery operated.
Available in black, white, pink and green, the Canon SELPHY Square printer has an estimated retail price of $149.99. Additional 20 pack of paper is also available for $14.99.
EOS Rebel T8i
The newest and highest-performing Rebel camera within the Canon lineup features the DIGIC 8 Image Processor, eye-detection in live view, 4K video, clean 4K HDMI output, and is the first EOS DSLR with vertical video all within a compact body.
This camera includes:
- Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System with Face Detect to ensure images are in focus
- 24 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- Continuous Shooting at up to 7.0 fps
- 4K UHD, Full HD up to 24P
- Equipped with an Approx. 220,000 Pixel New AE Sensor and EOS iTR AF (Face Detection)
- Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye-detection (Servo)
- Vari-angle, 3.0-inch LCD Touch Screen
- Advanced Control with AF-ON Button and Quick Control Dial
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
Compatible with Canon EF and EF-S lenses, this model can capture vertical video and has multiple connectivity options using Bluetooth and WiFi technology.
The EOS Rebel T8i camera body has an estimated retail price of $749.99 and the EOS Rebel T8i kit with EF-S 18-55mm F4-5.6 IS STM lens has an estimated retail price of $899.99.