2. AMD's 690 chipset
The AMD 690 Series chipset delivers a Windows Vista Premium experience, handling the rich Aero user interface and the most demanding workloads with ease.
Coupled with the latest AMD processors, the AMD 690 Series offers exceptional experience in today's graphics and video applications. For the first time ever on an AMD chipset, the AMD 690 Series features Avivo technology, delivering the most vibrant images and smoothest video playback for the home or the office. This platform delivers the most stable and reliable experience for commercial use, businesses have the peace of mind of a highly capable platform.
With more display choices than ever before, the AMD 690 Series Chipset is the first chipset with integrated HDMI and DVI outputs. Whether it is digital multimedia, 3D gaming, commercial applications or everyday computing, the AMD 690 Series Chipset is the platform of choice.
Windows Vista Premium Experience
AMD 690 Series Chipset delivers a Windows Vista Premium experience through handling the rich Aero user interface and the most demanding workloads with ease. The AMD 690 Series offers a stable and visually stunning Windows Vista experience.
Rock Solid Stability for Commercial Platforms
First ever, a complete AMD solution delivering the most stable and reliable experience for commercial use. With the AMD 690 Series Chipset businesses have the peace of mind of a highly capable platform that leverages the AMD Validated Solutions program.
Superior Graphics Performance
AMD 690 Series Chipsets delivers an exceptional experience. Coupled with the latest AMD processors, the AMD 690 Series Chipset offers superior performance and reliable visual power for consumer applications.
Enhanced Video Performance
First ever on an AMD chipset, the AMD 690 Series Chipset features the Avivo technology, delivering the most vibrant images and smoothest video playback for multimedia applications including high definition content for the home or the office.
Best Display Capabilities
With more display choices than ever before, the AMD 690 Series Chipset is the first chipset with integrated HDMI and an DVI outputs. Protected content can also be played through on-chip HDCP support, making the AMD 690 Series Chipset the platform of choice for the home or office
AMD 690 Series chipsets coupled with SB600 provides leading performance and the most universal connectivity options today. Eliminating the need for a USB hub, the SB600 provides up to 10 USB 2.0 ports. Connect with all types of peripherals and get the best multimedia experience with high-definition audio. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from a secure data storage solution provided by this chipset platform.
.AMD 690 Series Specifications
- AMD Sempron, AMD Athlon 64, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 FX X2
- 1GHz HyperTransport inteface speeds
- Compliant with the PCI Express 1.1a Specifications
- 1x16 graphics interface
- Up to 4x1 PCI Express general purpose links
- Highly optimized 128-bit engine, capable or processing multiple pixels per clock
- Supports a maximum resolution of 2048x1536 @ 32bpp
- Game acceleration including support for Microsoft's DirectDraw
- Full DirectX 9.0 support
- 3D Texture support, including projective 3D textures
- Anti-aliasing using multi-sampling algorithm with support for 2,4, and 6 samples
- New generation rendering engine provides top 3D performance
- Support for OpenGL format for Indirect Vertices in Vertex Walker
- Enhanced MPEG-2 hardware decode acceleration
- MPEG-4 decode support
- Hardware acceleration for WMV9 playback
- Supports top quality DVD and time-shifted SDTV/HDTV television playback with low CPU usage
- Integrated TV encoder from Xilleon products with integrated Avivo
- Supports Macrovision 7.1 copy protection standard (required by DVD players)
- Supports the formats of component, composite and S-video outputs
- Dual independent displays including two digital outputs
- Resolution, refresh rates, and display data can be completely independent for the two display paths
- Supports both interlaced and non-interlaced displays
- Integrated HD Audio controller for HDMI audio data
- Supports a TMDS interface, enabling DVI or HDMI 1.2 <1650 Mbps/channel with 165 MHz pixel clock rate per link
- HDCP 1.1 support on data stream with on-chip key storage
- 10 USB 2.0 ports
- SATA Gen 2 PHY support at 3.0GHz
- 4 ports SATA AHCI controller supports NCQ and slumber modes
- ATA 133 controller support up to UDMA mode 6 with 2 drives (disk or optical)
- TPM 1.1 and 1.2 compliant
- ASF 2.0 support for manageability control
- UAA (Universal audio architecture) support for High-Definition Audio
- PCI v2.3 (up to 6 slots)
- LPC (Low Pin Count), SPI (New Flash Bus), and SM (System Management) bus management