17. DVDR DL - Page 2
2. Reading Tests
3. CD Error Correction
4. DVD Error Correction
5. Protected Discs
6. CD Writing Tests
7. CD Writing Quality - Plextools
8. CD Writing Quality - Clover System
9. DVD Writing Tests
10. DVD Writing Quality - Page 1
11. DVD Writing Quality - Page 2
12. DVD Writing Quality - Page 3
13. DVD Writing Quality - Page 4
14. DVD Writing Quality - Page 5
15. DVD Writing Quality - Almedio
16. DVDR DL - Page 1
17. DVDR DL - Page 2
18. DW1655 vs SA300 - Page 1
19. DW1655 vs SA300 - Page 2
20. DW1655 vs SA300 - Page 3
21. DW1655 vs SA300 - Page 4
22. Booktype Support
23. QSuite Utility
24. LightScribe Feature
25. Firmware upgrade - BCDB
- Writing Quality
In order to test the writing quality and readability of the burned media, we used two readers equipped with two software applications:
- The LiteON SOHD-167T with patched firmware being able to read DVD5 up to 16X CAV and DVD9 up to 10X CAV. For the transfer rate tests we used the latest Nero CDSpeed version.
- The Plextor PX-716A with the latest available firmware. For scanning the disc, we used the latest PlexTools version at 2X CLV reading speed, BURST mode, with middle accuracy.
In general, a "perfect" disc should have a smooth reading curve, very low PIE/POE and zero (0) POF error rates. Most times however, even though a disc has very low PIE/POE error rates, the reading curve may not be smooth containing dropoffs. Due to the fact that we oversped the reading capabilities of the LiteON SOHD-167T, such drops are expected, especially near the outer area of the disc.
The measurements below should not be taken as the absolute criterion of the burning quality, but as an indication only.
- Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X @ 6X
According to both the CD Speed and Plextools quality check utilities, the reported quality with MKM +RDL 8X media is very good, with very low PI and PO counts while PO levels are within the acceptable limit.
- Traxdata DVD+R DL 8X @ 8X
Once more, good quality burn at 8X burn speed this time. Note here that some PO values according to PlextoolsPro are above the 280 limit, which may cause problems in the near future...
- MKM DVD-R DL 4X @ 4X
Average to good quality burn. Unfortunate about the POE spike at the end.
Overall, good quality burns, even though in a couple of cases POE values overshot the 280 limit.