CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

gamecube mod   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 766 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> gamecube mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
gamecube mod - 1/5/2005 4:16:38 AM   
spectre

hey emperor + dolph,

wut ever happened to that gamecube mod? i read a thread about it a while back but no update. vaporware?
Post #: 1
RE: gamecube mod - 1/6/2005 5:54:02 AM   
emperor

Sorry no news, might want to take a look over google, haven't been monitoring the GameGube scene latetly

(in reply to spectre)
Post #: 2
RE: gamecube mod - 1/6/2005 7:46:55 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I've heard from some of my more "shadey" sources, that mod chips are now shipping, and there is a huge demand for Mini DVD-R media generating. I've already seen much larger volumes of Optodisc's Mini 4x DVD-Rs shipping across Canada...

I think it's real, but I still haven't seen a working game cube mod chip in front of me yet.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: gamecube mod - 1/9/2005 8:08:51 PM   
spectre

i found out that there is a new chip called Viper GC and a reliable mod site etailer has some. anyways, there is a particular website that i get all my stuff modded; once they have modded mine, i'll post the results with everyone. dolph, am i allowed to post websites?

(in reply to spectre)
Post #: 4
RE: gamecube mod - 1/10/2005 1:12:39 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:

ORIGINAL: spectre

i found out that there is a new chip called Viper GC and a reliable mod site etailer has some. anyways, there is a particular website that i get all my stuff modded; once they have modded mine, i'll post the results with everyone. dolph, am i allowed to post websites?

Mod chips have many legitmate purposes that do not include piracy. The ability to play imports, and personal backups of owned games are very common reasons for having them installed. So if this website you mention is legitmate and doesn't encourage piracy, then there's no problem with posting links to it. However if it is a pro-piracy site, then I'm afraid we have a pretty strict "do not encourage piracy" policy.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your own results too

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to spectre)
Post #: 5
RE: gamecube mod - 3/28/2005 7:22:16 PM   
spectre

Sorry for the long delay. This mod works great. I am sure someone else has probably posted about this. The place where I got my Gamecube modded was http://www.xteammods.com. Games are expensive $50, so I make backups of my games and play them instead. I use TDK armored media for backups so I do not have to keep backing up these games.

Xteam mods has modded my GC and PS2 and I have been very happy with the soldering job they have done.

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> gamecube mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote