CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1112 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems - 12/18/2004 6:22:34 PM   
fordmanohio

Is there anyone out there using DVD Cloner 2 with the NEC 3500A that is burning dvd movies and not having any problems?

Or had problems and got it fixed? I need help!!!

I would really like to burn some movies but out of 5 burned so far none seem to playback right. They play ok if you play the movie from start to finish. When you go track-to-track they lock up using DVD+RW's 8X discs. I even tried just a 4X DVD-R and now they lock up even just playing it straight through. I even updated my firmware to ver 2.17. Same thing!

I just wonder if I should dump DVD Cloner 2 and load up Any DVD , Shrink DVD , and nero 6.0. Lot more hassle having to run 3 programs at once but my friend has a cheap Memorex dvd burner and is having no problem burning movies using these 3 programs.

Maybe I should sell my NEC 3500A and buy a cheapie one!!!
Post #: 1
RE: DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems - 12/18/2004 7:07:51 PM   
SithTracy

I don't have much of a need to make backups of movies beyond a few the kids handle too often. But for the few I've done, I've used the comination of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. You should be able to find tons of information posted in these forums and reviews and how-to's on cdrinfo.com. I think you will like the cost of those two products as they are FREE and work very well.

I have a NEC ND-3500A and it is a fine drive for what I use it for... primarily converting Hi8 home movies to DVD and data backup. I hear the BENQ might be a better choice for movie backup... but the keyword is backup. Don't think it's a good idea to make copies of stuff you don't own.

(in reply to fordmanohio)
Post #: 2
RE: DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems - 12/19/2004 1:03:28 PM   
fordmanohio

I have went on the internet and downloaded the newest versions of dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.

I am going to uninstall dvd cloner 2 program first, because I heard that you have to use Nero to be able to use these other two programs. Plus I heard Nero conflicts with dvd cloner 2 software.

I have nero ver. 5 and 6 plus express. Which one is best to run with the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink? Will any of them work?

Someone know?

We will see what happens!

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems - 12/19/2004 1:47:26 PM   
SithTracy

Nero is optional, I have it, but find myself burning more with my old classic: Golden Hawk CDRWIN.

Post #: 4
RE: DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems - 12/19/2004 9:57:50 PM   
fordmanohio

Ok one more question............will the DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink programs work with Roxio's 6.0 platinum or do I still need Nero's program?

I have Roxio 6.0 on the computer now. Would you know or someone else know?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems - 1/9/2005 10:50:12 AM   
dburg

IMHO, this discussion does not belong to packet writing.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

Post #: 6
How to Burn a Dual Layer DVD to a Single Layer Disc? - 1/14/2005 10:31:05 PM   
fordmanohio

I recently purchased the 2 Toy Story dvd set. Each DVD is on a single sided dual layer with widescreen and fullscreen versions. I would like to make a backup copy of both of these movies, but I only want to make the backup copy in fullscreen mode.

The problem I have is both of the movies I bought are in both widescreen and fullscreen forms, and both are on a 1 sided dual layer disc.

How can I separate the widescreen version from the fullscreen version before I copy it? I only really want the fullscreen version. Is there any way to be able to do this? Or will I need to buy a dual layer disc? Can anyone out there walk me through how to do this?

I am using Nero 6.3 suite along with DVD shrink 3.2 and DVD decrypter 3.5.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> DVD Cloner 2 and NEC 3500A Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI