CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Copy PS2 Game with Alcohol 120%   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 795 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Copy PS2 Game with Alcohol 120% Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copy PS2 Game with Alcohol 120% - 2/23/2003 12:45:48 PM   
Albus

Hello,

i need Help with Alcohol 120 % and Sony PS2 Games.
The Problem of this is realy easy (sorry my english
is not the best). [^]

How can copy an PS/2 Game with Alcohol 120% for Backup Use.
The Standard Items of the Alcohol Program doesn't func.
I use an Sony CDRX810 CD/RW Burner and an Toshiba SD-R5002
DVD-R/W Ext.Burner.

Thanks a lot for help....

Albus[?]
Post #: 1
RE: Copy PS2 Game with Alcohol 120% - 2/23/2003 2:50:45 PM   
Tron

Note, I copy and pasted this from the Alcohol Support forum. I have not tried it since I do not own a PS2 machine, but this is what they say to do:

Q:How can I backup my ps2 game disc?

A:PS2 game disc have 2 types

A. PS2 CD
- 1. Put your PS2 disc into source cd-rom/dvd-rom. Then Using Alcohol 120% Image Making Wizard.
- 2. Please choose datatype as Playstation 2, then starting making image file.
- 3. If you have writer, you can burn this image file to cd-r. But please pay attention to you must choose datatype as Playstation 2.

B. PS2 DVD
- 1. Alcohol 120% doesn't support DeCSS function, so you must use another software to DeCSS(like DVD Decrypter).
Put your PS2 DVD DISC into your DVD-ROM, then running DVD Decryptor, choose source DVD-ROM as that you put PS2 DVD disc into. Ok, you can close DVD Decryptor, because DVD Decryptor has DeCSS this Disc.
- 2. After DeCSS, please use Alcohol 120% Image Making Wizard to make image file.(Please choose datatype as Playstation 2)
- 3. If you haveDVD-R/DVD+RW writer, you can burn the image to DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW Disc.
(PS. PS2 only support DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW(only newer PS2 mode) media, and PlayStation2 SCPH-30000 mode or newer mode has better ability of reading DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW media.)

Notice: If you want to play backup ps2 disc on your ps2, your ps2 must have been modified.

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Albus)
Post #: 2
RE: Copy PS2 Game with Alcohol 120% - 3/2/2003 5:28:46 AM   
enigma687

I am having a problem with backing up DVD-ROM based PS2 games also. When i go to the drive that i have my game in, the options down the bottom for selecting the copy protection disappear. I dont know why this happens so i change the protection type on another drive which stays the same if i change to another then i make the image from the disc. I am yet to see if any of my backups work becauase i have not got a chip yet.

Any help would be great,

Thnx in advance,

Enigma

(in reply to Albus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Copy PS2 Game with Alcohol 120% Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI