CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Question about Quality Check in DVDinfoPro   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1816 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> Question about Quality Check in DVDinfoPro Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about Quality Check in DVDinfoPro - 11/12/2004 9:47:06 AM   
wilson2888

Hello, I have a LG 4160B DVD writer and LiteOn 165H as a reader to check the quality of my DVD+/-R. After checking all of my discs, I found that the average values for PIF exceed 4 in most of my discs, but the average values for PI did not exceed 280. And I always heard the average values for PI and PIF should not exceed 280 and 4 respectively, otherwise the disc may not readable.
But all of my discs is readable and error free!!!

Is it ture?
If it is ture, why the average PIF always exceed 4? the program problem or my LiteOn DVD-ROM problem??

Thanks!

< Message edited by wilson2888 -- 11/12/2004 9:48:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question about Quality Check in DVDinfoPro - 11/12/2004 4:00:34 PM   
Matthew

Liteon DVD-ROMS tend not to be as consistent in scanning as Liteon DVD writers.

Those numbers are, of course, standard specifications, rather than absolute limits.
The other thing, are you scanning at max speed, that normally raises the readings as compared to a slower speed.

(in reply to wilson2888)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about Quality Check in DVDinfoPro - 11/13/2004 4:54:31 PM   
nicw

for pif you are safe under 16. I use 8ECC same as for pi, other use 1ECC for pif which would be 4 as a max target.

cheers
NicW

Cheers
NicW

Rudyard Kipling wrote:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you....If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> Question about Quality Check in DVDinfoPro Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI