CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Difficulty Ripping some CDS   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1159 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Difficulty Ripping some CDS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/6/2003 6:43:15 PM   
theendisnye

I am using Creative Play Centre to Rip CDs but it appears to get stuck on two CDS 'Escapology' -Robbie williams and Grease the original soundtrack. The application doesn't appear to recognise either as a valid audio disc but both play OK and both are recognised ny 'Music Collector' I have succesfully ripped a number of other CDs. does anyone know why this is and how I can rip then succesfully?
Post #: 1
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/7/2003 12:11:47 AM   
john

Try a real DAE ripper like EAC

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to theendisnye)
Post #: 2
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/7/2003 12:37:18 AM   
MP3Mogul

I definately agree with John. Also, I note that both those CD's have alot of tracks and are very close to the time limitations. What type of drive are you using for a ripper?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 3
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/7/2003 12:05:09 PM   
theendisnye

I have downloaded EAC and that also does not appear to recognise the CD as an audio CD, as it was my first attempt I tried with another CD and that was correctly recognised. Under EAC Escapology shows as 15 tracks the first 13 are all 1.6Mb. The 14th Track is 724.28Mb and the 15th track is 34.58Mb. This is using a Teak CD-W54E CD drive. Using a Pioneer DVD-115 the first four tracks appear to be shown as music tracks. Escapology also appears to come with it's own player

Post #: 4
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/7/2003 12:58:50 PM   
MP3Mogul

Do you have Clony? I suggest scanning this disc with clony, as it sounds like it is a Key2Audio protected CD.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

Post #: 5
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/7/2003 2:40:57 PM   
rblake

Try Nero but don't use the copy wizard (initiate copy from the button bar) so that you can uncheck ISRC.

Post #: 6
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/7/2003 5:34:47 PM   
theendisnye

I tried clony (first time) that reported read errors and seemed to indicate that the disc was copy protected with 3 skulls, dummy files and overburn. any ideas how to overcome?

Post #: 7
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/8/2003 12:38:28 AM   
MP3Mogul

I've ran into this alot, it's more than likely just "overburn" that is giving you the problem. When you use EAC, don't insert the disc. Boot up EAC, then press the eject button (ON EAC) then load the disc, this will ensure that no other program gets it before EAC. This should allow you to rip the disc okay.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

Post #: 8
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/10/2003 8:08:20 AM   
Clint

Robbie Williams - Escapology has some form of CD-DA copy protection, and is I think the first properly released copy protected audio CD in Oz - from EMI. Not sure if it is a CDS, Key2Audio etc. release, but I know it is protected. When I can obtain a test copy, I will tell you.

If it is Key2Audio or Cactus, your drives cannot circumvent that copy protected disc...

Post #: 9
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/10/2003 10:21:52 AM   
john

Yes we also read this, however it wasn't clear if it was Key2Audio, CDS200 or something else [:I]

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

Post #: 10
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 1/14/2003 6:09:41 AM   
enigma687

with clony xxl, it should give u the option to open Clone CD (u need this to be able 2 use the info given by clony) this will then automatically set the settings u need (in earlier versions). in newer versions of clony (and clone cd) it will tell u wot options to set and then u have to use ccd4 profiler 2 set up a profile to match the copy protection. I have a profile set up for every type of protection covered, so making copies is ez once u have determined wot protection is in place.

Post #: 11
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 3/18/2003 12:09:25 AM   
FxF

Ok, here's how to do it, I had the same problem with the Robbie Williams CD and I managed to extract the audio files perfectly using EAC.

I'm running winxp SP1 and have the latest ASPI drivers installed (although not using a SCSI cdrom, but a regular IDE TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2212 24/16/10 dvd/cd-rw combo on my laptop).

Make sure the CD is NOT loaded in the cdrom drive but instead it's neatly placed in the original cover somewhere on your desk! I don't care where you put it, as long as you don't put it in your computer!

Under EAC Options set the following (assuming you have advanced mode enabled):

Extraction Tab:
2nd, 3rd & last checkbox, and both drop-down menu's on high

General Tab:
all checked except for 1st, 3rd and last

Tools Tab (important one!):
NONE selected!

Interface Tab: (IMPORTANT ONE!):
Make sure you have the ASPI Layer installed for this to work with best results! (download aspi from www.adaptec.com) And make sure that the use of the ASPI Layer is enabled on this tab, and ONLY the ASPI layer is enabled, so don't select the 'Native win2k winxp interface'!!!

The rest of the tabs aren't really important, but if you want a 100% copy, leave normalize off!

Next goto Drive Options.

Extraction Method Tab:
Select the good ol' burst copy.

Drive Tab:
Set dropdown to autodetect and no checkboxes selected (unless of course, your cdrom drive requires otherwise)

Offset/Speed Tab:
select 'use combined offest blablabla'
speed selection dropdown: 'actual speed'
select: 'allow speed reduction during extraction'

Leave GAP detection and Writer to default.

Then restart EAC, and when EAC is loaded, THEN you can insert the CD, select the songs you want to rip, and voila! You're done! The complete audio rip took me 8 mins 43 seconds, not too bad!

A list of program versions that I used:

Windows XP SP1 2002
EAC v0.9 Beta 4 from 22 may 2002
Adaptec ASPI Layer v4.71.2

Works fine! You won't be getting a 1 on 1 copy, but then again, the only thing you get extra from this is the audio player that is included on the cd, which sucks anyways!

Hope this helps you out!

FxF

Post #: 12
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 3/18/2003 12:14:12 AM   
MP3Mogul

And as a bonus, once ripped with EAC, you'll have an "Unprotected" back up copy of your CD. I rip Key2Audio protected CD's all the time with my CRW-F1 drive, it goes through them like butter, no problems at all.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

Post #: 13
RE: Difficulty Ripping some CDS - 8/16/2003 2:02:13 PM   
altakoi

Audiograbber also worked well.

FUEMI

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Difficulty Ripping some CDS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI