CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1363 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 10/9/2004 4:38:34 PM   
Trav06

I recently tried flashing my Mitsumi DW-7801TE drive with the firmware upgrade that was made available on Mitsumi's website over the summer. I made sure only necessary programs were running because I know that problems during firmware upgrades can be a pain in the ass, and in many cases ruin a drive.

Nevertheless, I got an error from Mitsumi's flashing program halfway through, and the flash was interrupted. So I tried flashing again and the program said it couldn't find the drive. I also tried removing the drive from Windows Device manager and letting Windows reinstall it after a reboot (which it did, strangely enough) but the drive was still unusable, and the flashing program still couldnt "locate" the drive. Another important piece of info is that after the failed flash, the light on the front of the drive would blink constantly even after a reboot.

So to get to my question, is this drive ruined or is there some way to salvage it? Any suggestions are welcome because otherwise I have a $200 paperweight (I know, but the drives were still expensive when I bought it). Also, I am outside of the 1 year warranty and the drive is OEM so Mitsumi wouldn't support it anyway.

Thanks for any suggestions.

~Travis
Post #: 1
RE: PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 10/9/2004 6:43:48 PM   
Iggy

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

Is it a Mediatek based drive? If yes try mtkflash. If not try it again maybe helps.

(in reply to Trav06)
Post #: 2
RE: PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 10/10/2004 12:06:35 PM   
Trav06

The drive is a Mitsumi. I don't know if Mediatek also manufactures Mitsumi drives, but I am holding it now and don't see "Mediatek" anywhere on it.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 10/11/2004 2:20:51 AM   
Iggy

I mean the main chipset is it from mediatek? DW-7872TE is, so probably yours too.

(in reply to Trav06)
Post #: 4
RE: PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 10/11/2004 10:02:39 AM   
Trav06

I have no idea. Where would I look to determine whether or not it has a Mediatek chipset?
The drives are pretty different as mine is only single format (+) and the 7872, I believe, is dual format. Even so, can a drive with partial firmware be recovered? Thanks,

~Travis

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
RE: PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 10/11/2004 10:22:54 AM   
Iggy

Yes it is true, as I read here it is a NEC based drive, so unfortunately mtkflash won't help you.

(in reply to Trav06)
Post #: 6
RE: PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems - 1/5/2005 11:24:26 AM   
mokko

I had exactly the same problem as described above and found the following solution:

a flash tool written by the dangerous brothers for nec1100-type devices called "nec1100a.exe". With this i could backup and erase the old firmware, install a new one which i took from the internet.

because i am not at the same place anymore, i cannot be more precise, sorry

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> PLEASE HELP! Mitsumi DW-7801TE Firmware Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI