CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1335 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher - 5/25/2005 11:47:55 PM   
JedFR

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

It's possible that you may have to make it the master and flash it.

OK, that is what I will do.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 33
RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher - 10/9/2005 5:07:33 PM   
Swimmer84

ok, I downloaded this program, and tried to open it.
What program do I open it with? Notepad?? (I wouldn't think so if it's going to be the flasher)
Thanks! Eager to update the firmware for my Sony DVD-RW drive.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 34
RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher - 10/9/2005 8:21:55 PM   
MP3Mogul

Well that depends, is it a .zip file, a .rar file or a .exe file?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Swimmer84)
Post #: 35
RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher - 12/9/2005 12:04:13 AM   
laklak

ive just recently bought a lite-on SHW1635S. I used it on an external enclosure using USB2.0 for my laptop. Now my problem is i wanted to upgrade the firmware to the latest version. I downloaded the latest version from the liteon site and tried to run the program but my laptop just ends up hanging. i must have tried on the program 2x the same results with out changing the firmware version. My question is do i have to connect my dvdrw drive directly to the IDE port inside a desktop computer and then upgrade the firmware? or am i just going about the firmware upgrade procedure wrong.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 36
RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher - 2/4/2006 2:34:34 PM   
obenourb

I too have an LTN-526S and tried to upgrade the firmware.  I went to the site mentioned in the links at LiteOn and downloaded the correct firmware file ( 52SYS0N.zip ) , extracted, and ran it.  The error stated "Drive model doesn't match!!!!"  I have unplugged the other CD-ROM  in the computer and have verified that I didn't misread the label on the drive and that it is the "Master".  Mine was not OEM but came in a box, etc. that I bought separately.

The basic problem I am trying to solve is that under XP SP2 whenever I put a CD in the system doesn't see it the first time.  I have to put it in, eject it, and then put it in again.  Once I do that all is well but of course a pain.  I assumed that a firmware upgrade would do it.  Any other ideas?  I really don't care about firmware if I can get the problem described to stop.

(in reply to mtech1)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: LiteON (and OEM drives) Windows Flasher Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI