CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Alcohol 120% problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 795 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Alcohol 120% problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alcohol 120% problem - 8/27/2004 10:28:00 PM   
mtrivs

I installed the trial version of alcohol 120% and the trial has now expired. I went to uninstall the program through add/remove programs in the control panel and it came up with an error and wont let me uninstall the program. This poses a problem because i would like to install a full version of this program, but can't b/c "There is a previous version of alcohol 120% installed, please uninstall it to continue!"... Does anyone know how to fix this w/o reformating my HD?!

ps... I already tried the uninstall included in the install of alcohol with no success!

What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
-Bob Dylan
Post #: 1
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 8/27/2004 11:08:45 PM   
vbguru_12000

What was the exact error message you received?

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 2
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 8/30/2004 7:52:13 PM   
mtrivs

when i choose to uninstall,its comes up with a blank error with just an ok button and then it comes up with an error that says "Fatal Error during installation" and then i click ok.
when i try and install it says "another version of this product is installed. Installation cannot continue. To uninstall use add/remove programs from the control pannel".

have any idea on what to do?

What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
-Bob Dylan

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 3
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 8/30/2004 9:35:20 PM   
vbguru_12000

I personally wasn't sure so I asked Syber from Clone.cd Forums. He says:

quote:

maybe he has images loaded into virtual drive

Also, find VBUSAX.DLL and delete it, then try uninstalling again

if it still doesn't work, do this:
1.run "regedit"
2.Find out
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F
81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
3.Find out
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6",
then delete that.
4. HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services here you should fínd the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in the current version (1.4.8.1222) xmasbus and xmasscsi, delete these Keys and remove corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.
5.After delete these value, Alcohol 120% is removed from your os

Of course you would still need to delete the directory after following those steps, but do it after removing it from the registry.

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by vbguru_12000 -- 8/30/2004 8:45:07 PM >

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 4
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 9/1/2004 5:24:29 PM   
mtrivs

Worked Great!
Thank you very much for the help. I just edited the registry and it installed without a problem!!
thanks again!!

-Bob Dylan

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 5
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 9/1/2004 5:26:29 PM   
vbguru_12000

No problem. However, it wasn't really me, but I did pass your thanks on to Syber.

If you have anymore problems, feel free to ask.

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 6
[Deleted] - 9/29/2004 8:14:32 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
  Post #: 7
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 9/29/2004 10:39:34 PM   
vbguru_12000

Did you read my post above? Post #4.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 8
[Deleted] - 9/30/2004 12:34:09 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
  Post #: 9
[Deleted] - 9/30/2004 10:47:57 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 10
[Deleted] - 10/1/2004 2:00:24 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 11
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 10/1/2004 6:55:07 AM   
Alcohol Admin

quote:

I really didn't mean to go on a Crusade. But the more I tried to get clear information on how to completely remove Alcohol from my computer, the more I came to believe that Alcohol is attempting to hide this information from the Public.

I am posting a copy of a Post I made on the Alcohol Tech Forum, on the chance that they choose to delete my post with it's points and questions, rather than providing the information on how to completely remove their product from my (and everyone else's) computers.

1. Alcohol soft have no intention of trying to hide anything you can find all the answers to your question in the FAQ on the main sales site or the main support forum.

2. Why would we wish to delete your post, you made some points without actualy searching for the answers your post actualy enables us once again to inform people of the fact that there is a search button on the support forum that if used would most likely resolve yuour problem without the need for you to make yet another post about a probnlem which is not only in the FAQ but has also been answerd in variouse posts on the forum... go to most forums and you will see a note that usign the search button may save you having to ask a question that has been answerd previously.

I would suggest that as you have used our software that you made a note of the fact we do offer free email support and do run our own support forum, while many of us do frequent other sites support forums and help out when one of their members ask a question we do not make a habit of it as we do already as i have pointed out have our own support forum for our software, where your question if it has not already been asked and answerd would recieve a reply and a solution.. as for your crusade as i have mentiond in reply to you on the Alcohol support forum, OPEN YOUR EYES, ENGAGE BRAIN then if in doubt ask your question.

My work here is done... you may follow up my reply if you read the reponces to your posts in the Alcohol support forum and still have a genuine question to ask or a genuine point to make. i hope that the people that have replied to you have coverd all aspects of yoru post and any relevent questions that you posted.

I would just like to leave you with a few of the many mails we recieve .

Wow! That did it! You guys are awesome! I've loved your software and now
You’ve proven yourself with great tech support. You have my support as a
Customer and I will definitely recommend you to others!

Ricky Hunt.
----------------------------------------

Thanks again for the prompt reply and personal help.

I believe in supporting good companies with good support and products that do what they claim.
Congratulations.

I have just purchased Alcohol 120% and will forward news of your product to my 6000 member email group.
Thanks
Neil

----------------------------------------
Thanks for being so helpful, I really think your service is superb.
Many thanks,
Pete

----------------------------------------------------
Many thanks again for a prompt service...it makes a lovely change these days to find a company that looks after its customers so well.

Pat

----------------------------

First I want to thank you for the great products you have and secondly for the great support that you offer………

Gary

--------------------------------

Software is in perfect working order.
Excellent Product...

Sincerely,

Mike

Thanks problem solved,

...and on an Easter Monday to boot!

Regards

Bob

Thanks allot it was the date time issue everything fixed you rule.

SPIDERMAN

--------------------------

Thank you very much for your quick answer and the professional help

Cheers

Peter Giesel

Germany

------------------------------

Thx for the help and service.
A happy Customer

Warmest Regards
Marcel Koopman
Netherlands
------------------------

Thanks for the superb help provided by yourself and the others at Alcohol! Simply the best customer help I've ever had the opportunity to use.

It makes life so re-assuring when you know that there is some one out there that helps.

Thanks
Ian

-------------------------------

WOW! Thanks for the super fast response. All is well now and I am using the latest and greatest version.

Thanks and have a super day!

Ana Mancheno
--------------------

I appreciate your help and promptness

C.R. Compaan

---------------------

Thanks for the quick comeback on this and your pro attitude.

Al Snyder
------------------------

Thanks for your suggestion-- DAMN! IT worked.

Thanks very much! Alcohol is the BEST.

Neil Slade
---------------------

Thanks for being so helpful, I really think your service is superb.
Many thanks,
Pete

---------------------------

Thank you again for getting back to me so quickly.

Jennifer Ramsey

----------------------------

Thank you very much for helping me. I have never used the virtual drive and you will be pleased to know that with your help I have now loaded a two disc game onto it and it works great.
I'm sorry to have been a nuisance to you, but your help was very clear and concise, and very easy to follow for the not so computer wizard.
Thanks again,
Pete
---------

I picked up the latest version of Alcohol from the web a few days ago, and indeed it does now completely solve my problem.

With 4 virtual CDs configured, I can reboot with the USB CD-ROM plugged in.

Thanks for the great support, and thank the guys in the back room for me, also.

gene
-----------------

Alcohol 120 % has worked perfectly for me. I am amazed that such a
Powerful tool is also so easy to use. I can't remember the last time I was
This excited about a software product. Thank you for creating such a
Useful and powerful tool!

Michael

-------------------------------------

< Message edited by Alcohol Admin -- 10/1/2004 6:57:49 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 10/1/2004 8:16:08 AM   
Jito463

Good job, Pheonix. If Billy Brethren had bothered to ask the people who actually make and support the program, he would have had his answer and no need for a "crusade". Ah, well. Some people live and learn, and some people just never learn.

(in reply to Alcohol Admin)
Post #: 13
[Deleted] - 10/1/2004 2:43:49 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Jito463)
  Post #: 14
[Deleted] - 10/1/2004 2:55:46 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Jito463)
  Post #: 15
RE: Alcohol 120% problem - 10/1/2004 5:17:56 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Billy Brethren

Your comments are not relevant to this discussion, nor do I appreciate your implication that I am stupid. (Which is also what the Alcohol Administrator has done.)

Yawn...... Well you know what they say if the Cap fits Wear it !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Alcohol 120% problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI