CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

[Deleted]   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1668 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Deleted] - 8/25/2004 7:44:12 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Iggy)
  Post #: 17
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 11:16:20 AM   
arith

For another point of view, sometimes we will not be glad to know some s/w will send out some information without getting the agreement from you.

Maybe that's kind of issue.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 18
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 3:14:53 PM   
MP3Mogul

Nero Check is NOT sending out any information.... Running Zone Alarm Pro, you can well tell if this program is accessing the internet, and you can disable it from doing so if you desire.......

Point is, earlier this person stating malicious rumors about a fine company such as ahead admitted that he worked for the competition, just as he admitted it above.

It's kind of a shame that a competitor would try to post lies about a company for gain... Shows you what they are all about.

As as for your posts, "guaranteeing" that I will uninstall Nero in 2 weeks.... Don't bet your life on it, because if you do... you won't be here anymore!

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 19
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 5:18:53 PM   
Jason Caldera

I am here and I will be.
As for Nero I am not working for a competitor of nero and I didn't suggest any other software. I just hate spyware like Nero.
My suggestion to users is to try and download other software, and make some tests, if you are not satisfied with other one, so return to Nero no problem but there isn't only one program in the world.

I believe that any company that choose Nero to their packages, choose a spyware for their users and a knife wound to their future.

2003 and 2004 are the years of spywares. 2005 not!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 20
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 5:34:27 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well seeing though you can't tell us a better program perhaps you can give us proof that Nero is Spyware !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Jason Caldera)
Post #: 21
[Deleted] - 8/25/2004 7:06:33 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 22
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 7:12:39 PM   
Laffin Assassin

What ME or the !!!

Post #: 23
[Deleted] - 8/25/2004 7:33:19 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
  Post #: 24
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 7:49:34 PM   
Laffin Assassin

LOL !!!

Post #: 25
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 9:28:34 PM   
vbguru_12000

@Jason Caldera, what I don't understand is why you seem to think Nero contains spyware. Just because HijackThis picked it up doesn't mean it is spyware. HijackThis isn't a spyware detector, simply a tool for ADVANCED users to help detect potential attacks.

quote:

HijackThis is a tool, that lists all installed browser add-on, buttons, startup items and allows you to inspect, and optionally remove selected items. The program can create a backup of your original settings and also ignore selected items. Additional features include a simple list of all startup items, default start page, online updates and more. Intended for advanced users.

Maybe you should read the tutorial HERE. This way, you'll know what you're talking about next time you post about Nero containing spyware.

For some more proof that Nero does NOT contain spyware follow these links:
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/nerocheck/
http://www.2-spyware.com/entry-nerocheck.html
http://www.anti-spy.info/file/nerocheck.exe.html

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

Post #: 26
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 9:52:55 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Thanx for the Links VB and they all confirm what I have already said " All This program does is it constantly checks for known drivers that can conflict with Nero/Nero Express/NeroVision Express software. And when you print or save the Nero log file, you will see this list of drivers that this program has found at the bottom of the Nero Log file" !!!

Also I will warn our members that HijackThis can cause big problems with your computer if you don't use it correctly as it deletes entries in the registry even though it is a great tool in the right hands of someone who understands what it does !!!

Anyway I have come to the conclusion that this guy has a Vendeta against Nero for some unknown reason judged by his previous posts and as you already know we will not allow this so the Topic is now Locked !!!

If any of Our Staff want to add any futher comments please feel free to do so or if any of Ahead Staff want to clear this up just e-mail me your answer and I will post it in here for everyone to see !!!

< Message edited by Laffin Assassin -- 8/26/2004 3:02:41 AM >

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 27
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 10:57:53 PM   
vbguru_12000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Laffin Assassin
Also I will warn our members that HijackThis can cause big problems with your computer if you don't use it correctly as it deletes entries in the registry even though it is a great tool in the right hands of someone who understands what it does !!!

Very true, I barely trust myself to use it and won't mess with some of the unknown results. That tutorial I posted seems to have a lot of helpful info. I suggest everyone who uses HijackThis to read through it.

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

Post #: 28
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/25/2004 11:00:37 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yep I will second that !!!

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 29
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/26/2004 7:23:47 AM   
emperor

The thread has been unlocked according to this post, please post any infomation here, not making new threads, thanks!

< Message edited by emperor -- 8/26/2004 2:45:00 PM >

Post #: 30
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/26/2004 7:38:37 AM   
Jason Caldera

Thank you emperor and cdrinfo guys you unlocked the thread.

I just uninstalled Nero and I saw that it doesn't remove all his components from my computer.
There are many keys in my registry and also nerocheck.exe is still in my computer.

so resume: IF YOU UNINSTALL NERO, NEROCHECK WILL NOT BE REMOVED FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

Also according to download.com
if you download demo version from aheads website, this version is already expired.

check here: http://www.download.com/3302-2646_4-10300178.html?pn=1&fb=2

and see some comments:

Suzy 12-Aug-2004 03:48:23 PM
"Expired Version"
Download goes great, can't open program. Get message that demo is expired. Don't waste your time. Nero's website states demo version expired too.

JohnO 05-Aug-2004 08:59:43 PM
"IT DOESN'T WORK!!"
The trial version comes pre-expired. Like the last guy said, total waste of time.

Froggie 05-Aug-2004 02:19:42 PM
"DOESN'T WORK!!!!!"
I just downloaded the trial version and, like the others, get the message that it has expired!!! Total waste of time.

ulldorf 03-Aug-2004 06:39:45 AM
"Not Good !!!"
when you have installed it it says that your demo has expired, and you need the seriell key to get to use it and that you have to purchase it!!!!

iivvaann00@yahoo.com.hk 23-Jul-2004 02:29:43 AM
"what a surprise !!"
i'd been using nero since v5.5 that it never turn me down. Until 6.3.1.17 comes out and my anti-virus finds bug(s) in it. Now i have to re-use 6.3.1.15. I had formatted my hard drive three times until i gave up 6.3.1.17.

and a last question for mr Laffin. Are you my friend staff of nero? have you a personal problem with me?
Please don't delete again any of my posts

Thank you,

Jason
Quebeq

< Message edited by Jason Caldera -- 8/26/2004 7:40:07 AM >

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 31
RE: Remove NERO Spyware from your computer - 8/26/2004 7:44:13 AM   
MP3Mogul

The version from Nero's site does NOT come expired. This is because YOU had previously installed it, and you don't know where Nero wrote in your registery! The trial download works fine...

Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI