CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

I know another 'joining AVI' post   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1317 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> I know another 'joining AVI' post Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/1/2004 2:18:16 PM   
Debbie2525

I have 2 .AVI files that I want to join. I know they are the same format. I installed 'VirtualDub', opened one of the files and then went to 'Append AVI segment' and tried opening the second file. It says: "Cannot append segment: The video streams have different data formats". So what does this mean or am I going about it the wrong way.

The 2 files I'm trying to join is a concert and the end of the first file and beginning of the second file overlap a bit. Will this program catch this and blend it together correctly?

Is there an easier program to use? This stuff is new to me.

Thanks for any help,
Debbie
Post #: 1
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/1/2004 2:25:02 PM   
emperor

Kogos will help you, he is the video expert

(in reply to Debbie2525)
Post #: 2
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/1/2004 9:20:35 PM   
Debbie2525

To add to my post above.

I found that the first file's frame size is 480x352 and the second is 448x352. How can I change the first file to match the second?

Thanks,
Debbie

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/2/2004 7:14:22 AM   
kogos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Debbie2525

To add to my post above.

I found that the first file's frame size is 480x352 and the second is 448x352. How can I change the first file to match the second?

Thanks,
Debbie

Since you already downloaded VirtualDUB, i will tell you how to do it with VirtualDUB...

Open the avi file you want to resize with VirtualDUB...
Select Video-->full processing mode...

Then select Video-->Filters...

Click "Add..."

Select "resize" and click "OK"

On the window that will appear set the size to whatever you want and select Filter mode "Bilinear"

Click "OK" and again "OK" to get to the program's main screen...

Now set the bitrate for the video file: go to Video-->Compression and select the bitrate you want (higher bitrate=better quality=bigger file)

And you are ready to go: File --> Save as... and you got it..

P.S.: there are other ways to resize a file, but i posted this one since you already have VirtualDUB... If you need any more help, or if you need an easier way to do this, just post and i'll get back to you...

(in reply to Debbie2525)
Post #: 4
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/3/2004 4:26:07 AM   
Debbie2525

Thanks for the reply and the step by step.

It worked for the most part. I ended up resizing both the files so they were on the same page so to speak.

They also joined together OK except for the part that overlaps between them. It plays a few second twice so I will need to work on clipping the two areas.

Again thanks so much for all the help.
Debbie

(in reply to kogos)
Post #: 5
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/4/2004 12:41:49 AM   
Debbie2525

Well I think I have fixed the joined part the best I could but there is still a glitch.

Is there any software out there that will join it together like digital camera software would with panoramic series of pictures. They melt together and it recognizes overlaps.

Another thing that is strange. After I trimmed both pieces of video it would take at least 1hr, 20mins using 'VirtualDub' to join them, but when I would use 'Avijoin' it would only take 3 mins and afterwards the joined files were the same size, so both programs compressed equally.

Thanks,
Debbie

(in reply to Debbie2525)
Post #: 6
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 8/11/2004 12:32:26 PM   
Booma

I think what happened is that virtual dub may still be in full processing mode for the audio or video. Since they are already the same size, change the settings to 'direct stream copy' and it'll just pass the data through and into one file quite quickly.
for that pretty joingin, u might have to try some shareware/demo proper vid editing software.

let's go VIP

(in reply to Debbie2525)
Post #: 7
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 7/3/2005 2:54:31 AM   
scaryice

I was having this same problem, so thanks for helping me out with it. But there's one thing though. I'm kinda new to Virtual Dub, and when I use "full processing" to resize the file, it makes the file huge. How can I resize it without doing that? Thanks.

(in reply to kogos)
Post #: 8
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 7/3/2005 3:16:31 AM   
scaryice

Ok, I figured out I needed to use divx  to compress it, so nevermind.

(in reply to scaryice)
Post #: 9
RE: I know another 'joining AVI' post - 7/3/2005 3:41:29 AM   
scaryice

I'm trying to join a bunch of soccer goals to make a compilation, and I was going resize all of them so I could join them. However, some of the video files don't want to work properly after I resize. I've just done a few, and a couple of them (these are about 10 second clips) will play fine for the first few seconds, then the video will freeze. Any advice?

(in reply to scaryice)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> I know another 'joining AVI' post Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI