CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Allocation Length Incorrect - Message   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1376 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> Allocation Length Incorrect - Message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allocation Length Incorrect - Message - 7/31/2004 10:59:37 AM   
93vette

Just installed a NEC ND2510 and upgraded the firmware to level 2.16.

When using DVDInfo Pro 3.07 w/ a Verbatim DVD+R 8X DVD, I receive an 'Allocation Length Incorrect' error when attempting to Fast Format the media. The same happens when using a Staples CD-R.

I am able to format the CD-R from Windows Explorer and am unable to format the DVD+R from Windows Explorer.

What does "allocation length incorrect" indicate?

Thanks, Gregg
Post #: 1
RE: Allocation Length Incorrect - Message - 7/31/2004 5:48:49 PM   
nicw

It would seem your error is that your are trying to format +R. writeonce media cannot be formatted, only RW media can be formatted. If you are trying to format a disc in a way that makes it drag drop (packet writing) then my program will not do this for you. I also do not recommend it, in the past we have seen many problems and conflictions with packet writing software and DVDRW.

Dont be confused by the term "format" from within the erase/format window of dvdinfopro. Terms used in it are those used by the particular command being sent to the drive, think of it more as an erase, than a format, or think of it as a low-level format like scsi hard drives used to do. It prepares a RW disc for use by other software.

My error box could have probably been more descriptive, I simply return the error the system returns to me, rather than figuring out what the error may mean and building a suitable error string.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
NicW

Rudyard Kipling wrote:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you....If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools

(in reply to 93vette)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> Allocation Length Incorrect - Message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI