CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Please I need Help !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 706 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> Please I need Help ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please I need Help ! - 11/6/2002 1:09:35 AM   
LadyAkasha

Hey to everyone here I am Akasha (real name) and I am having troubles with my philips pcrw 1208 drive for it will not stay closed weather it has a good cd in it or a blank one. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. I am using windows Xp at the moment and I am not sure it ist is the hardware or the software. Please someone anyone help me. Oh and one mpore thing I also have a regular old liteon LTN483L and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possible get some software to upgrade it so that it will read a bit faster. Thank you in advance to all. And hope to be chatting with some of you soon.

LadyAkasha the poor little white black girl!
Post #: 1
RE: Please I need Help ! - 11/6/2002 2:21:26 AM   
john

Even its not the propel forum lets answer. From your problem i understand that the tray will not close either with pressed of CD-R media, right? If that's the case then its probably broken, time to buy a new one!

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to LadyAkasha)
Post #: 2
RE: Please I need Help ! - 11/6/2002 3:31:15 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Akasha: Do you mean that when you press the close button, the tray goes back in and then spits back out? if that's what you mean, either every CD you're putting in is *SO* damaged the CD-Rom won't recognize it as media, or your laser is dying/dead. That's what it sounds like to me at least. I had the same problem with an old CD-ROM and the only thing I could do with it was replace it. Sorry about that!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to LadyAkasha)
Post #: 3
RE: Please I need Help ! - 11/6/2002 5:00:55 AM   
LadyAkasha

Well I am sorry I posted this in the wrong forum but yes when I press the botton the tray goes in and then it comes right back out again. And this drive is only 2 months old so if it is that I am screwed. I did not have this problem until i installed XP either so I was hoping it was that well thank you both for the help I do appreciate it and once again I am sorry about the post in the wrong place I will try and figure this forum out . I have been having a very blonde week lol

Lady Akasha the poor little white black girl
Sapere Aude/dare to be wise

(in reply to LadyAkasha)
Post #: 4
RE: Please I need Help ! - 11/6/2002 5:28:35 AM   
Tron

Not a problem with the post, just look next time. Also I wonder if it is not being caused my XP then. You say the problem came when you installed it. You might try going back to your old OS or anther thing I would do before I trash that drive is to try it in another computer to see if that solves it. At least that would tell you if the dive was bad or not.....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to LadyAkasha)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> Please I need Help ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message