CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Windows XP and ClonCD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1344 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Windows XP and ClonCD Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 12/26/2001 3:01:28 PM   
NExUS

Actually I have an ASUS A7V133 motherboard with 256mB of SDRAM, and a Radeon 32mb DDR video card. I am using an LG 52X cd-rom and a Plextor 8/4/32A Writer... if XP can't work with this then it's not worth the trouble. BTW, does anyone have a similiar situation as I do (see 2 posts above), if so I'd appreciate any help, thanx.

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 17
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 1/7/2002 6:52:29 AM   
Levendi

Ok people listen-up! XP comes with its own cd-burning capabilities that incorporate with Windows Midea Player, Therefore allowing you to burn cd's via Windows Midea Player. I have read that when this service is active it interferes with your other burning software. The first thing you want to do when you load xp on your system is to check-out this website (www.tweakxp.com) It has all the information you need to fine tune your xp into a lean! mean! fighting machine! There is so much junk that starts-up with xp when you kick start your pc its a wonder how most pc's can actualy run smoothly. First of all half the services that start with xp are not required if your using a home pc. You can disable them by following simle instruction on the website mentioned above. I have a P3 500 with 512mbs RAM which is the bare minimum requirement for running XP Pro and PC has never ran better! Faster! and most of all has never crashed! till this day! Like I said try the website above it has incredible information you will be amazed just how much better you can make your XP run on your PC. Just remember one thing! No matter which website you visit.....you got the info from here (cdrinfo.com) This is a great! informational! website! Always come back for more useful feedback!

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 18
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 1/24/2002 1:23:35 AM   
MR FUNG

I HAVE A HP 9150 CD BURNER AND A A-BIT KT7 raid MOBO,VIA KT-133 CHIP SET, 512 MEGS O NON-ECC RAM, XP PRO FINAL (AND 98, NO GO THERE EITHER >=/ , ITS ALL PRETTY GOOD STUFF, NO CHEAPO SH33T HERE (unless via pisses you off as much as has me in the past), IF ANYTHING is cheap IT MAY BE ONE STICK OF RAM, which IS OK, NOT THE BEST. CANT BE AFECTING THIS PROB, SINCE IT WAS STILL EVIDENT BEFORE BUYING THAT RAM.
quote:

[/lionelow---> Me too but I found and solved the problem already.
] how?

lemme know if you need any more info...

BALH...

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 19
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 2/8/2002 10:41:48 AM   
fox1966

Here's a new one for ya...

When I install the newest version of CloneCd, it installs the little "monitor" that starts up in the icon tray when Windows starts up. If I DISABLE this monitor, and select so that it doesn't start up in the tray when XP restarts, it deletes a portion of my boot up record, and XP will not boot!!! Comes to a blue screen that says it "cannot mount volume", and it doesn't even see it as a usable partition anymore!! I have tried this TWICE on two different machines, using about the same configuration (XP PRO, ASUS a7a266, and on the other XP PRO and ABIT KR7A.) This has happened both times, and the only solution is to reformat and do a fresh install of XP. The older version that DOES NOT install the new monitor in the start up tray works FINE. I have begun to wonder if it is a conflict between the Clonecd start up monitor, and the start up monitor for ICQ, as ICQ was also on both machines.
If any of you brave people out there want to try to duplicate this, see what happens when you choose to permenantly remove the clonecd monitor from starting up with your machine with XP. Anyway, I won't be trying the new version again until this is checked out. Formatting twice has not been fun.

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 20
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 3/3/2002 3:12:22 PM   
stefbol

quote:

im running xp pro too and it works until i get the old tried and true "Writing to CD failed, ILLEGAL REQUEST: INVALID FIELD IN CDB (5:0X24:0X00)" ERROR!!!! ARGH!!!! its done this in win98 and 2k for me as well. what gives? is it my burner?

9100 series HP CDRW
many diff CD's.

sniff sniff...help

BALH..

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 21
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 3/3/2002 3:17:21 PM   
stefbol

quote:

quote:

im running xp pro too and it works until i get the old tried and true "Writing to CD failed, ILLEGAL REQUEST: INVALID FIELD IN CDB (5:0X24:0X00)" ERROR!!!! ARGH!!!! its done this in win98 and 2k for me as well. what gives? is it my burner?

9100 series HP CDRW
many diff CD's.

sniff sniff...help
BALH..

I have the same problem with the same burner under XP. The HP burner seems to be a Sony OEM CRX 140 E. Has anybody some hints to solve the problem? I have no idea and will be installing Win 98 again for burning sessions.

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 22
RE: Windows XP and ClonCD - 3/5/2002 9:20:04 AM   
His Divine Shadow

I have CloneCD version 3.3.4.1 and a Hp 1950i burner and I get the exact same problem, that is:
Writing to CD failed, ILLEGAL REQUEST: INVALID FIELD IN CDB (5:0X24:0X00)

Anyone got a solution on this?

I've tried it on both Windows NT and Windows XP

Proudly part of the The Vatican Elite Light Commando Retribution Ordinance!

(in reply to sac66172)
Post #: 23
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Windows XP and ClonCD Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI