CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1412 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/16/2003 7:34:39 PM   
CCampbell

When you launch NeroMix, go to Preferences and under General->Recorder Control, make sure you have the Input/Output selector enabled, and not the Wizard.

Now when you go back too the main window you should have two buttons. One to select the source, such as File or Line-IN, and one to select the output format such as WAV, AIF, or MP3/MP3Pro.

Are you now able to see the MP3 option?

I did test with the latest release on our website and all appears to be working.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 17
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/17/2003 5:08:22 AM   
Snarl

Thanks for the suggestion but i've tried it that way a few times but I am unable to see an option for MP3/MP3Pro. It just simply isn't there, actually when I installed Nero Mix this time I checked before installing my MP3Pro upgrade and it still isn't there. Just out of curiosity is there a reason it would'nt show under the wizard but would show under manual input/output selector ? perhaps there's a clue here ?

Ran a test with Nero Burning Rom and Nero Express, they seem to recognize the MP3Pro license/Upgrade fine.

P.S. your kind assistance is much appreciated by the way :)

Best Regards; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 18
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/19/2003 7:11:39 PM   
Snarl

Bumpski

:)

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 19
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/20/2003 7:29:32 PM   
CCampbell

Try the following.

First, launch Nero Mix, and go into its Preferences>General and at the bottom under Recording Control, enable the option for Input/OutPut selector.

Now, as you mentioned Nero is working with your MP3Pro options, go to the C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero directory and copy the file NeMP3Enc.dll you will find their, and copy to the C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroMix directory.

Now when you relaunch NeroMix do you find the Option to select a file or CD and save as MP3 or MP3Pro?

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 20
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/21/2003 2:53:19 AM   
Snarl

Nice thinking Craig ! I tried your suggestion word for word but no luck. I have tried something similar as there's a mention somewhere on the ahead website about the files. I also tried copying the file to the C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroMix\plugins directory, the file was already in the C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroMix\MediaPlugins directory. Well this is one confusing little problem, there seems no apparent reason for this as everything works "a" okay except the MP3/MP3Pro plugins. Is there anything in the registry that may affect this ?

I'm going to try another complete uninstallre-install as I've noticed that previously after NeroMix was installed but prior to the installation of the MP3/MP3Pro encoder license there were still no MP3/MP3Pro provisions availiable. Before I do this however do you have any recommendations regarding what should be installed (nero burning rom/Neromix/MP3/MP3Pro Encoder License) first and any steps to insure Nero was completely uninstalled.

Best regards; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 21
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/21/2003 8:45:40 PM   
CCampbell

Hi Snarl,

This is really unusual. The steps I've provided to you have always worked for customers with this issue in the past.[B)]

As a test, can you go to another computer and install NeroMix and the Plugin to see if you can convert audio to MP3 format? No Recorder needs to be connected. I just want to see if this is a system related issue or not.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 22
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/22/2003 2:01:41 PM   
Snarl

Okay, my son has a PIII 450 also with XP, has a Liteon DVD and a LG Burner. His system has Cakewalk Pyro, I'll uninstall it before I try. I'll install to his Machine tonight after work and let you know how it goes.

Regards; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 23
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/23/2003 3:50:32 AM   
Snarl

Well Craig here's how it went. I did a clean install on my son's PIII 450 with WinXP Home Edition. I used the newest version 1,3,1,6 of NeroMix. I then started it up and applied my serial number, all okay to this point. I checked the record function at this point and no MP3/MP3Pro options were availiable, this was odd as I thought it came with a limited MP3/MP3Pro license the only options availaible were;

Record Audio CD
Record a CD-Rom
Copy a CD
Create 'MPEG-4 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)' Audio Files
Create 'Aiff file' audio files
Create 'MS Audio file' audio files
Create 'TwinVQ' audio files
Create 'PCM Wav file' audio files

At this point I installed the full version of the MP3Pro Encoder all reported to be in order and NeroMix was updated based on the message I recieved after installing the update. I started NeroMix up again and checked the recorder function and still no MP3/Mp3 Pro features availiable. Please note that under preferences/input plugins and output plugins both show an option for MP3Pro. The Availiable options reported are again the following;

Record Audio CD
Record a CD-Rom
Copy a CD
Create 'MPEG-4 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)' Audio Files
Create 'Aiff file' audio files
Create 'MS Audio file' audio files
Create 'TwinVQ' audio files
Create 'PCM Wav file' audio files

And thats it, changing to manual recording control as previously indicated offers no new options. I installed Nero Burning ROM and reapplied the MP3/MP3Pro license, it appears to be working just fine, only NeroMix appears affected.

Stumpski

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 24
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/23/2003 1:24:41 PM   
Snarl

Is there anything that the MP3/MP3Pro installer looks for that may be causing the problem ? I currently use musicmatch to rip from wave to MP3 and it seems fine. As I got the NeroMix version from the Ahead web site I assume it's okay, is it possible my MP3/MP3Pro License file is the problem. 3 Weeks or so I did a re-format and re-install so my system is clean, I run Norton's antivirus and firewall so system wise things are good. It's very odd that both my son's and my computer have the same problem, this makes me think it is the software ?

Just thinking allowed here to see if anything comes up

Oh, and as always thanks for your efforts :D

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 25
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/24/2003 11:21:46 PM   
CCampbell

Hi Snarl,

We need to go over your system some.

Could you contact me directly at techsupport4@nero.com, and respond with a number I can reach you at, and the times you'll be available from at that number?

I would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 26
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/27/2003 1:57:55 PM   
Snarl

Doneski

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 27
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/28/2003 12:51:48 AM   
MP3Mogul

Now.... that is what I call a perfect example of "SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT". Chalk another up for ahead software!!!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 28
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/28/2003 3:51:21 AM   
Snarl

Thanks to the CDRInfo Forums and Mr. Campbell of Ahead Softwares efforts the problem has been duplicated and a bug reported. I am very happy with Mr. Campbells help on this matter and based on my experience would recommend Ahead/Nero products 100%

Thanks Again Craig !

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 29
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 1/28/2003 9:41:35 PM   
CCampbell

Your Welcome John,

Just to clarify, our latest NeroMix 1.3.1.6 has a problem with MP3/MP3Pr and our MP3/MP3Pro Plug-in's. All other audio formats are working with no problem, including MP4

The work around for this is to install an older version of NeroMix, and then install the MP3Pro plugin and if you wish you can then upgrade to our lateset NeroMix and you will not encounter this issue. But unless you need support for a new model recorder, or wish to use the MP4 audio format I would recommend staying with an older version of NeroMix till we have resolved this issue with our next release of NeroMix.

Regards,

Craig

quote:
Originally posted by Snarl

Thanks to the CDRInfo Forums and Mr. Campbell of Ahead Softwares efforts the problem has been duplicated and a bug reported. I am very happy with Mr. Campbells help on this matter and based on my experience would recommend Ahead/Nero products 100%

Thanks Again Craig !

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 30
RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder - 2/12/2003 2:10:29 PM   
Snarl

Craig;
Installed the new NeroMix 1.3.1.6c and all is "A" okay, the MP3Pro/MP3 Option is now present and accounted for !!! Thanks for your help

Best Regards; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

(in reply to boredtoo)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: NeroMIX MP3 encoder Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI